Troubleshoot your device issues
cardiackid330's profile

Mentor

• 

65 Messages

Thursday, December 11th, 2008 10:05 PM

Closed

Stupid question?

Is it possible to use my curve as just a phone? just got laid off and probably gonna cancle data plan!!  Obviously ill have to remove apps that are connected but how do i turn email off and that sort of thing?? Thanks!!

Accepted Solution

Mentor

• 

65 Messages

15 years ago

Great attempt at making me feel better!! LOL! Anyway thanks for the help.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

15 years ago

Sorry to hear that. 😞

I usually don't condone using a BlackBerry as just a phone (it's Smartphone Cruelty!), but I guess in this case it's ok. 😛 (just kidding)

If you want to uninstall any applications that use the web, just go to your settings, then options, and then advanced. In that menu you'll see Applications. You can delete any unwanted apps in that menu.

As for disabling your email, if you're using BIS just go to http://att.blackberry.com/ and login. You can delete your email accounts from there. If you don't already have a login for the site, you can register. All you need is your PIN and IMEI.

Oh, and if you want to avoid data charges, just in case, you can either go to an AT&T company-owned store or call 611 and request for them to block your data connection.

Hope this helps.

Mentor

• 

65 Messages

15 years ago

I know im gonna be lost!! lol!! Are there any offline apps i can entertain myself with since im realy gonna be bored? Thanks so much for the help!!

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

15 years ago

Hmm, I dunno... try to set new records for BrickBreaker, lol! In reality you aren't completely lost, though. You can still download games/apps (provided they don't need an internet connection) and load them via your computer and BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.