We are aware of an outage currently impacting our Mobility users and are working to resolve it ASAP. For the latest info please visit our Service Outage Information page.
We apologize for this incovenience.
Troubleshoot your device issues
mypont2's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, July 1st, 2015 4:11 PM

Sony Xperia Z3 D6653 on ATT LTE 4G

I just got this phone and Im starting to think I got the wrong model.  I setup the ATT APN manually and I only get H and H+.  I don't ever see 3G or 4G or LTE on the screen.  Looking through several posts it seems that this model (D6653) does not have Band 17 so it will never do 4G LTE?  Can anyone confirm or deny this?  Im using it in Illinois and Indiana.

ACE - Sage

• 

115.8K Messages

9 years ago

I can confirm that.  That phone is the international version.

You need bands 2, 4, 5, and 17 for LTE with ATT.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

This is right from sonys white papers on the phone.

D6653 UMTS HSPA+ 850 (Band V), 900 (Band VIII), 1900 (Band II), 2100 (Band I) MHz GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz TD-LTE (Band 40) FD-LTE (Bands 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 28)

your missing band 4 and 17 along with band 2 that is where your problems are coming in.  Band 4 and 17 are att's main cell bands.

Here are the white papers on the Z3

http://dl-developer.sonymobile.com/documentation/whitepapers/Xperia_Z3_D6603_D6633_D6643_D6653_D6683_D6616_WP_4.pdf

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

9 years ago

I don't think your D6653 will work fully on AT&T.
I got the D6633,only slot 1 will work on AT&T,3G,4G & LTE.

Sad ..............Man Sad

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

OK I sent the D6653 back and now I have the D6603.  It has all the necessary bands to work on ATT for 4G and LTE.  I am having the same problem.   Only get H and H+. Do I need to verify ATT has LTE enabled on my sim card?

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

9 years ago

You may need to change the Nano Sim again and tell AT&T you're using a Sony Xperia ,Not Apple !!

H=3G
H+= 4G (For North America)

This is what they show up in Asia & EU for international stantard ,
 Did you brought your phone online,right?? 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Yes i bought it unlocked online.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.