Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Troubleshoot your device issues
daveola1's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sun, Sep 7, 2014 5:10 PM

SIM not detected after Cyan update on Lumia 920

After updating my Lumia 920 to the Cyan firmware yesterday my phone will no longer recognize that a SIM card is inserted.  I have tried to reset the phone several times as well as use the Nokia software to reinstall the update.  I can take my SIM out and put it in another phone and the SIM works fine.  If I take a SIM from another phone and put it in my 920 it will not recognize it.   It appears that something in this firmware has killed my SIM reader in the phone. Of course, the phone has been out of warranty for almost a year so I guess I'm screwed AGAIN. 

Anyone else had a similar incident?

G-mobile

Scholar

• 

100 Messages

8 y مضت

@daveola1 wrote:

After updating my Lumia 920 to the Cyan firmware yesterday my phone will no longer recognize that a SIM card is inserted.  I have tried to reset the phone several times as well as use the Nokia software to reinstall the update.  I can take my SIM out and put it in another phone and the SIM works fine.  If I take a SIM from another phone and put it in my 920 it will not recognize it.   It appears that something in this firmware has killed my SIM reader in the phone. Of course, the phone has been out of warranty for almost a year so I guess I'm screwed AGAIN. 

Anyone else had a similar incident?

Have you tried a hard reset on the phone yet? You can also try going to a coorperate store, and getting a new SIM card. If that fells you may want to get your phone looked at by a technician if ATT still offers that.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 y مضت

Ive tried several resets of every type to include the Nokia software tool.  Getting a new SIM card wont matter since the phone does not recognize the SIM card, any SIM card.  Any SIM I put int he phone is not recognized, yet, the SIM from the phone works fine in other phones.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.