Troubleshoot your device issues
byrongwalker's profile

Contributor

• 

11 Messages

Monday, February 17th, 2020 10:42 AM

SIM card malfunction

AT&T has been my carrier for over five years. I have an Android phone that uses a NANO SIM card. I purchased an iPhone 6. When I put the SIM card into my iPhone, I couldn't get service or have it activated, however when I put the card back into my android it works. Why doesn't the SIM card work in the iPhone?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.4K Messages

4 years ago

Your service and the Sim is provisioned differently. Just go to an AT&T store and get a SIM card for your iPhone.

Contributor

• 

11 Messages

Okay, I had them send me one, but it is taking a while for the card to get into the shipping system for some reason.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

Sounds more like the sim was incorrectly inserted into the iPhone. Not able to activate the iPhone would indicate the iPhone was not reading the SIM card. You should not need a new SIM card. The SIM card from your android should work.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

My experience has been like @sandblaster says. Calls, texting and data worked without any additional requirements. To get iPhone-specific features to work (FaceTime for instance) it was necessary to call AT&T and ask them to provision those.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

11 Messages

@dmapr I got a provisional SIM fro AT&T and it still doesn't work. I think the problem is with the phone. I guess I will try to contact Apple.

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

@byrongwalker Sorry to hear that. At least Apple is usually pretty good at fixing their problems. If you have a local Apple store you should be able to schedule a service appointment there.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.