Gift your grad endless possibilities. Celebrate right now and connect them to their brightest future.
Troubleshoot your device issues
nanrector's profile

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

Saturday, October 20th, 2018 5:23 PM

Sim card in used Pixel XL (verizon) works... but no Wifi calling. Input?

Hello!

I moved to an area with horrible service. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. Very low signal and calls drop constantly. Even wireless calling did not fix the issue. Which I don't understand.  Family member who lives here gave me his old Pixel XL (1st edition) he used with Verizon. The phone was reset and I put my card in and transferred everything from my Galaxy.  It works but the service is even worse now, though I can occasionally call with a single bar but normally there are no bars. If I do call it drops. He had uses wireless calling however when I tried to set that up there are no settings for that now (even though he had them.)

QUESTIONS:

1. Do I need to do something via AT&T to get the wifi calling to work?

2. Is there anyway to "boost" my AT&T signal?

In the case that I just fix my signal issue:

3. I'm still paying on my original S7 Edge phone. Can I cancel my package but continue to make the phone payments so I can switch to a different service?

I'd appreciate any input! 

Nancy 

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.6K Messages

5 years ago

@nanrector

If you cancel they will bill you for the rest of the phone in one lump sum.  ATT does not allow wifi calling on non att branded Android devices so that is why it does not work.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

Is there no workaround this this? Can I take my phone to an AT&T store and they can somehow activate the wifi calling?  Or is there a way to boost my signal? If my data worked I wouldn't need the wifi calling. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.