Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Troubleshoot your device issues
squirrelmom's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Tuesday, January 5th, 2010 9:18 PM

Samsung Flight - Can't Change Message Alert Tones?

I just got the Samsung Flight this past weekend. I am wondering while I'm in the 30-day window to return it if others here like the phone. I've finally gotten the touchscreen down ... wish it weren't so touchy, but I think I'm used to it now. 

My one question is whether the incoming text message alert tones can be customized? I haven't been able to find anywhere that this can be accomplished. Also am wondering whether anyone else with this phone has had problems with incoming texts in general. I had to delete one of my text message sources because for some reason, my texts weren't coming through (saw on another message board that at least two others have had this problem).

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

14 years ago

You can definately change the text message tone for ALL incoming texts,   but I haven't figured out how to do it on a personalized basis (ie special text tone for different contacts).

To change it for all texts - go to the settings,  Sound Profile, normal,  in the top right corner change the drop down from call to message.

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

14 years ago

When you go into your contact list,  edit the contact,  scroll down you can specify the ringtone & vibration there... before the birthday field.      Is that what you were referring to?

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

14 years ago

Thanks for the response, abowser ... I was actually referring to different tones you can set your phone to when receiving incoming text messages. My old phones had a few to choose from for the alert tones, just for texts, not incoming phone calls. I will presume I am unable to change these. *sigh* I guess it's the least of my worries, though. Thanks again! Smiley Happy

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

14 years ago

OMG, you are AWESOME! Even my very tech-savvy son couldn't figure it out! Thanks so much for the help - now if only we could take care of that other texting problem with the Flight!

Scholar

• 

250 Messages

14 years ago

To personalize the tone for each text message by contact you go into your contacts, click name, edit, add more fields, message tone, click Done.  That should take you back to the edit contact screen where you can change the message tone.  Change your tone, hit save and you're set.
Message Edited by La-La on 01-06-2010 12:32:19 PM

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

14 years ago

Thanks for the additional info La-La ... I'm so old school and sometimes take a while to get a handle on new devices! Smiley Very Happy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

14 years ago

Hi I tried this but it changed both voice mail and text message tones to the same tone. 
Did I do something wrong?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

14 years ago

Whoo hoo you answered my question as well. Thanks! 🙂

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

does the samsung flight have text threading? i have heard many different answers but i cant find out how to sort my txts in conversation stlye just like the xenon.  i lost that phone and they sent me the flight to replace it.  how do i get the threading to help my txting?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.