Troubleshoot your device issues
Hreemes78's profile

• 

4 Messages

Wed, Jun 29, 2022 2:47 PM

Return label

I need a return label for phones. I switched to another carrier. However I have 3 phones with AT&T and only need to send 2 phones as I'm still keeping 1 line on.

Constructive

Employee

• 

29.9K Messages

5 months ago

why are you sending 2 phones back? at&t doesnt want your phones back because you decided you didnt want or need them anymore

SoloTX

ACE - New Member

• 

425 Messages

5 months ago

You'll be expected to pay any remaining balance on any active installment plans upon canceling/porting the line(s). If you are trying to return devices purchased within the buyer's remorse period (14 days), you'll need to contact customer service for a shipping label. Otherwise they're yours to keep and do with what you want. I recommend to unlock the devices before canceling/porting if you plan on selling them.

• 

4 Messages

5 months ago

The 2 are employee phones and where we moved our office to the service will not pick up at all. So we switched to a carrier that does pick up and ported the phone numbers. The phone we are keeping is mine and at&t is the only one  that has service at my home and that phone is paid off. The other two is still owe on and when I ported the numbers they told me to return the phones

Constructive

Employee

• 

29.9K Messages

5 months ago

they wont accept the phones, you need to sell them and use that money to pay them off, am i correct @sandblaster @formerlyknownas ?

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

60.8K Messages

5 months ago

@Constructive Normally I’d say that is exactly correct. I can’t imagine why anyone would say return the phones but presuming the OP had a business account, there might be some circumstance where returning phones is expected. 

@Hreemes78 If you do have a business account, I suggest you post in the business forum for further guidance: https://bizcommunity.att.com/

(edited)

• 

4 Messages

5 months ago

Ok thank you. I have no problem paying them off. Just customer service I was on the phone with told me to return the phones. So I was just wondering where to send them. But if I need to payoff then thats what I will do

ACE - Sage

• 

101.9K Messages

5 months ago

Yeah the return and exchange for businesses 30 days. If you've had the phones longer than 30 days, I would be very reluctant to return them and instead suggest you pay them off and keep them. You can either unlock them and use them on another service provider or sell them.

Unfortunately I don't entirely Trust almost anything that customer service tells people because they give out wrong information far too often.

Get more than one opinion on the business side. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.