Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Troubleshoot your device issues
schinchillaboy's profile

Explorer

• 

31 Messages

Fri, Jul 3, 2015 4:00 AM

Request for information regarding the Lumia Denim and WP 8.1 Update 1 for Lumia 920

When can those of us with the Lumia 920 get the Lumia Denim update and the Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 Update for our phones?

And does AT&T have a time fram for getting us Lumia 920 owners the update or are we not going to get this update until Windows Phone 10 comes out?

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.4K Messages

7 y مضت

the phone is almost 3 years old they may not update it..  But then again there are suprise around every corner sometimes.  People with the 830 are waiting for an update also.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 y مضت

Then why have all the other carriers already rolled out these updates to their Lumia 920's?

Scholar

• 

308 Messages

7 y مضت

@GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:

the phone is almost 3 years old they may not update it..  But then again there are suprise around every corner sometimes.  People with the 830 are waiting for an update also.

When the update came out the phone was about two years old.  Now we expect GDR2.

On the Microsoft update page there are seven AT&T Lumia phones. There would be eight but the 830 is no longer listed. Did AT&T have it removed ? 

Only three of these phones have the Denim update available, that is 37.5%.  Is AT&T even trying, I don't think so.  The same models of phones all over the world have been updated.

Now WP10 is coming up. Microsoft says they will update WP10 directly, no carrier in the middle and they say it will be available to all phones and only phones running Lumia Denim, OS version 8.10.14219.341 or higher can be upgraded.  So, the phone has to have at least Denim before you can update.

Will Windows 10 update be available for my Lumia phone?

We bought two 920's from AT&T in 2012. Wife is still using hers and I replaced mine with a 1520.3 last year. It has Qi wireless charging and 32GB memory, not the AT&T version. We no longer have a contract and never will, using 'bring your own phone'.

The other 62.5% of the Lumia phone users with AT&T probably feel the same way.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.