Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Fri, Jan 17, 2020 5:57 AM

Redmi Note 8 Pro LTE check

Responses

dmapr

ACE - Expert

• 

6.2K Messages

4 weeks ago

If those bands listed are correct, it should work. The only missing band I see is B30 and that isn't critical. 2/4/5/12/17 should give adequate coverage.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.1K Messages

4 weeks ago

It has most of the correct LTE bands that are important to function on AT&T.

However like many phones that do not have a u.s. warranty, it may have trouble working at some point in the next year or two. In order to function fully on AT&T it has to have voice over LTE. While it may be capable, that does not mean the AT&T will recognize it as being so. AT&T is actively shutting down its 3-g Network. If you get the phone and it drops to H/H+ during phone calls it means it is not voice over LTE compatible and your risk losing voice service.

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

4 weeks ago

according to here the official site for device this device supports 2/4/5 for lte will i still get good coverage https://www.mi.com/global/redmi-note-8-pro/specs

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.1K Messages

You are not understanding.

Please understand that things are changing and having all LTE bands is not going to give you voice service. AT&T must recognize the phone IMEI and it must be capable of voice over LTE.

It also means that AT&T will refuse to activate those phones that are not.

This starts in February. If your phone is not capable of operating entirely on the LTE network according to AT&T, they will not allow it.

I own a OnePlus 6t, while it is capable of voice over LTE on T-Mobile and Verizon, it is not allowed on AT&T. Next month I could not take that phone and move it back to AT&T and use it on their Network. AT&T will refuse to activate it. My phone at least has a u.s. warranty. The Redmi does not. Unless it will be accepted on T-Mobile, and you are prepared to switch carriers sometime in the next year when it stops working on AT&T, then it would be a poor purchase.

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

im actually on cricket but im guessing the same rules apply to cricket cause they are owned by att i dont buy my phones at cricket or any retail store because i dont want to be locked to there network and i was already kind of frustrated that byod phones on cricket and att dont get voice over lte even if its supported by the device like you said about your oneplus when i had t-mobile i basically could bring any volte compatible device that supported it and it would just work without a problem even if it was missing some bands

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.1K Messages

Yes, I totally understand I refuse to have a phone that is locked and carrier-specific. I don't care for iPhones, so I have tried several different phones in the past. When it comes to Androids the list of phones that are compatible is very limited. The pixel phone seem to be what I have settled on. The Pixel 3 and newer work perfectly.
Best Buy also has a whole line of unlocked phones, they are us warrantied, and with very few exceptions have no problem getting voice over LTE on AT&T.