Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Troubleshoot your device issues
sidthekid's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Oct 2, 2017 6:48 PM

Recommendations for "dumb phone" to replace my iPhone?

I'm ready to ditch my smart phone and get back to basics. The most important specs to me are : 1. QWERTY keyboard, and 2. low SAR (radiation rating); lower than iPhones anyway. Bonuses would be : GPS, basic email or internet. But I'm open.

I'm considering:

1. Samsung Propel (fave phone I owned in 2009)

2. Pantech Vybe

3. LG Xpression and Xpression 2

But looking for more options, so that when I am able to head into an AT&T store I will have less time making a decision. I realize some of the old QWERTY phones will need to be bought unlocked online, which is fine. I don't mind buying a phone online, or getting a newer phone model from the store. Any suggestions really appreciated! Thx.

ACE - Sage

• 

100.1K Messages

5年前

Do not get a really old phone.   ATT no longer has a 2G network.  Many phones from the 2010 and earlier may not have 3G.  

The slider messaging phones LG xpression, you mention are a good option and don’t require a data plan.  You don’t have to buy from ATT.  You may have good luck with eBay and Amazon.

Before you buy, see if you can get a battery for it.  Some of the new phones don’t sell replacement batteries and are essentially disposable.   🙄.  

Make sure it’s an ATT branded phone.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5年前

Thanks, good to know. Though Samsung Propel A767 does have 3G, so that is still a possibility. If anyone else has recommendations for a good dumb phone please let me know

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.