Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Oct 2, 2017 6:48 PM

Recommendations for "dumb phone" to replace my iPhone?

I'm ready to ditch my smart phone and get back to basics. The most important specs to me are : 1. QWERTY keyboard, and 2. low SAR (radiation rating); lower than iPhones anyway. Bonuses would be : GPS, basic email or internet. But I'm open.

I'm considering:

1. Samsung Propel (fave phone I owned in 2009)

2. Pantech Vybe

3. LG Xpression and Xpression 2

But looking for more options, so that when I am able to head into an AT&T store I will have less time making a decision. I realize some of the old QWERTY phones will need to be bought unlocked online, which is fine. I don't mind buying a phone online, or getting a newer phone model from the store. Any suggestions really appreciated! Thx.

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.1K Messages

3 years ago

Do not get a really old phone.   ATT no longer has a 2G network.  Many phones from the 2010 and earlier may not have 3G.  

The slider messaging phones LG xpression, you mention are a good option and don’t require a data plan.  You don’t have to buy from ATT.  You may have good luck with eBay and Amazon.

Before you buy, see if you can get a battery for it.  Some of the new phones don’t sell replacement batteries and are essentially disposable.   🙄.  

Make sure it’s an ATT branded phone.  

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks, good to know. Though Samsung Propel A767 does have 3G, so that is still a possibility. If anyone else has recommendations for a good dumb phone please let me know