Troubleshoot your device issues
memedtv's profile

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, June 22nd, 2021 8:00 PM

PURCHASED BRAND NEW AT FULL PRICE

I just dropped mobile insurance on 2 phones and removed Apple Watch. Now,  all of a sudden one of my phones shows certified pre-owned. I didn't buy pre-owned I bought BRAND NEW and paid BRAND NEW price. What up with that? First I was thinking maybe it shows like because that’s what it would be if I would sell said phone. But why would it show it is pre-owned when my other phone doesn’t show “certified pre-owned” when it not. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116K Messages

2 years ago

It's a glitch with iPhone x, XR, xs. You can trade in to upgrade with promotion at a corporate store.  

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

3 years ago

Where are you seeing this? 

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Went into”My Wireless” with the AT&T app ( my Att) then “My Devices”. This preowned description was never present until I made changes to my account. 

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Mine is doing the same with my sons iPhone. Didn't do this until after I paid it off. He's wanting to upgrade, but says I will have to pay full price to upgrade. I purchased this phone brand new! I go to my wireless and upgrade a device. I paid 3 phones off at the same time and the iphone is the only one showing at&t certified preowned.

(edited)

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Mine is doing the same thing. I have two phones eligible for upgrade and they’re both showing as certified pre owned and they were both purchased new. 

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

My daughter’s XR is also showing Preowned and we purchased it new. This issue should be fixed by now upon reading this is a “glitch”.

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

This is another AT&T horrible (Edited as per community guidelines). I purchased mine and my Spouse's iPhone XRs as brand new, paid full price and now it is showing as AT&T certified preowned in my account. What the (Edited as per community guidelines) with that?  Is AT&T cheating people?

(edited)

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

2 years ago

It’s a glitch but they have millions of customers your 1 person and unless you alert them they don’t know. In fact as much as people sim swap all the time they couldn’t possibly keep up with the fodder. Heck I swap my sim between 3 phones at least twice a week. So call them tell them 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.