Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Troubleshoot your device issues
Jimmyg219's profile

• 

1 Message

Mon, Aug 8, 2022 2:29 AM

Portable wifi unit

I'm looking for a portable wifi unit. My friend has one, but he has a contract with AT&T. I went to the at&t store and they only carry them for contract customers only. 

Any ideas?

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

7.4K Messages

2分前

I'm going to guess you mean a hotspot.  I'm going to move this thread to the Wireless forum where I'm sure there are people who could provide great advise.

• 

2 Messages

2分前

I've only used the nighthawk M1, so my experience is limited, but still recommend it. My main reason for going that route was the additional features of the device, having external antennas, a removable battery, and Ethernet support. My current setup is the M1 with WiFi disabled, hooked up to a 4 port switch that's connected to my TV, Nvidia shield, PC, and wireless AP. The range on the built in WiFi isn't amazing, so getting an external AP may be necessary for whole house coverage. It's also the most up to date hardware with strong band 30 support, if the network in your area supports it.

If you do go the nighthawk route, make sure you get the most recent hardware revision.

ACE - Sage

• 

100.2K Messages

2分前

You can purchase a Wi-Fi hotspot from AT&T, but the only adequate plan for it is prepaid. The $55 50 gig plan is the largest and least expensive plan AT&T offers for a dedicated hotspot. It can also be used on a tablet.  

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

59.8K Messages

2分前

I went to the at&t store and they only carry them for contract customers only

Are you sure about that? Prepaid is no contract and ATT sells hotspots for prepaid. If that store won’t sell one for prepaid, att.com will.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.