Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Jan 16, 2020 5:32 AM

OPPO Reno 2 Service Availability

Hey I was going to buy an Oppo Reno 2 and was wondering if I did could I get a data plan from you guys? I live in North Carolina.

Responses

dmapr

ACE - Expert

• 

6.2K Messages

a month ago

According to the Reno2 specs on the Oppo site the LTE bands are missing 12/17 which would make the phone less than ideal for use on AT&T network.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

@dmapr what would be the best network for me to use if I got one then?

dmapr

ACE - Expert

• 

6.2K Messages

@Dawsonblythe I think you'd do better following the @lizdance40 advice and looking at the OnePlus. If you're after a full screen (no notches, no holes) then the 7 Pro should fit your bill.

I'm not that familiar with what frequencies T-Mobile uses, and I don't think VZW or Sprint are an option at this point. Also I'm not certain what the state of the T-Mobile/Sprint merger is but it's another potential factor against Reno2 even if it's compatible with T-Mobile.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.3K Messages

a month ago

The Oppo brand will not get Voice over LTE in the USA.
But Oppo spawned the OnePlus brand phones, which do have a North American version capable of working on Volte on United States networks including Verizon and AT&T. I have used a 5t, and currently a 6t. The 7, 7 pro or 7t will work if you buy the North American version.

The reason you must buy a phone that is capable of voice over LTE, is because AT&T and Verizon are actively shutting down its 3-g Network. Within the next 12 to 18 months you could lose Voice and text service if your phone is not capable of using LTE only.

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.