Shop Now, Avoid Delays - Get Our Best Holiday Deals!
What is happening with 3G?
maxuimburn's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sat, May 18, 2019 12:16 PM

Oneplus 7 compatibility with at&t network

Is Oneplus 7 pro compatibile with at&t network?

Accepted Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

90.5K Messages

2 y ago

@sbondari   Again I’m looking for a more specific questions. And you added some.  What else?

One +7 and newer work as well as any other phone, if not better. After years of Samsung high end phones, I found the one series to be better quality.

The only thing that does not work is Wi-Fi calling, which is true for almost all non-AT&T android phones.

You do not get a Sim card or pay an upgrade fee.   When you buy one plus device you are purchasing from the manufacturer, not a phone carrier.  
You will have to go to AT&T and have them make you a new Sim card for your existing service.

• 

4 Messages

what do you mean "have them make you a new sim card?"

ACE - Sage

• 

90.5K Messages

3 y ago

Yes, as much as the 6t, which I have on AT&T now.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

Yes, that is good, but is that guarantee  that the 7's will?  What does AT&T say?

ACE - Sage

• 

90.5K Messages

3 y ago

AT&T won’t say much of anything.  Their interest is in selling branded devices.  They’ll send you to the BYOD page, which tells you exactly what I just did; it’s specs say it will.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 y ago

I've used all of the OnePlus series of phones on ATT's network. OnePlus One, OnePlus Two, OnePlus 3/3t, 5/5t, 6/6t (currently) and the new OnePlus 7 Pro. I have to say that the 6t seems to run faster LTE wise than my 7 Pro, however they all work on the network.

ACE - Sage

• 

90.5K Messages

2 y ago

@akwingnut wrote:

I've used all of the OnePlus series of phones on ATT's network. OnePlus One, OnePlus Two, OnePlus 3/3t, 5/5t, 6/6t (currently) and the new OnePlus 7 Pro. I have to say that the 6t seems to run faster LTE wise than my 7 Pro, however they all work on the network.

Hmm.  Really?   I guess I won’t feel bad about sticking with the 6t.  I really don’t get any high speed mobile network around here any way, so the phone doesn’t get to do its thing unless on WiFi.  

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 y ago

It's funny really, the 7 Pro I think supports 5g, at least from what I read. However at times I feel it is allot slower than the 6t that I was running. I mean I still have it, just use it as my dash cam now. I've changed out the SIM card and reset the network settings but still seems slower. 

ACE - Sage

• 

90.5K Messages

2 y ago

@akwingnut wrote:

It's funny really, the 7 Pro I think supports 5g, at least from what I read. However at times I feel it is allot slower than the 6t that I was running. I mean I still have it, just use it as my dash cam now. I've changed out the SIM card and reset the network settings but still seems slower. 

It depends on which one.  The 1+7 pro was released in May, the 5g in June.  Doesn’t matter which you have if your not in an area with 5g coverage and service for phones.  At this time, only Verizon says it has 5g phones and coverage for them.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

I've been an AT&T customer for years and had various phone brands. (Nexus 4, iPhone, and now OP5T)

When it comes to data, LTE+ is available and usable which works great.

However, there is a limitation by AT&T when it comes to voice calling on OP devices on their network. I'm assuming this goes for all OP devices because I experience it with my OP5T.

OP devices is unable to get incoming/outgoing calls over VOLTE and will ONLY go through their H+ network.

You will see that any incoming/outgoing call on your device will only come through the H+ band cause ATT doesn't allow it, therefore you will have horrible and unreliable call quality.

Make a call or wait for a call and you will see your band will change from LTE+ to H+ and then after the call has ended, it will switch back to LTE+.

I work as an I.T technician and calls are important, sometimes Im unable to receive and make calls due to the band switching and it is frustrating.

ATT needs to work with OP in order to allow their devices to be provisioned for VOLTE. Not sure how long this will be.

Until then, I'm waiting for the Pixel 4 which I'm sure it will be capable because I've already tested the Pixel 3 and it works without an issue.

OP has great devices, but on ATT your limited to what you can use and its horrible cause your paying for it.

Hope this helps.

• 

3 Messages

I installed the OnePlus thing which gives access to certain settings and have successfully gotten VoLTE to work on my 7T. The instructions were for a 7 Pro, however.

I can NOT get wi fi calling to work no matter what I've done so far.

I am on AT&T through Red Pocket. Everything else works fine, including wifi hot spot.

• 

4 Messages

What " OnePlus thing" are you talking about ?

ACE - Sage

• 

90.5K Messages

@Stalonage
Irrelevant. Oneplus 7 or newer, North American version, gets VoLTE out of the box.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2021 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

You can not tell me what is or is not irrelevant to me. I still want to know what that person is talking about.
Don't assume it's irrelevant.

(edited)

ACE - Sage

• 

90.5K Messages

MJVan claims to enable something that works out of the box on oneplus 7 and newer, as long as you buy the north American version. No amount of fiddling with settings will make a difference. That's why it won't matter

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2021 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

ACE - Sage

• 

90.5K Messages

2 y ago

@TJM0828   At&t does not care to ‘support’ non carrier androids. It made an exception for pixel phones.  

The 1+ 5t will never get VoLTE.   Knowing that I sold my 5t.   The 6t had it, then it was blocked.  The 7 has it, but that may be temporary as well.  At&t can’t be trusted with its own outlying phones, so sure as heck isn’t going to accommodate ones it didn’t sell.  

I switched to Verizon on 8/13 and the 6t works well, even the native visual voicemail works.  WiFi calling does NOT.  (It turns on, but will not work).    Verizon has still not certified the 7 pro or 7.  

AT&T is falling behind, and needs to catch up. Too bad T-Mobile doesn’t work in my area.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 y ago

Hello,  the one plus 7 pro sounds like a great phone.  I am worried about phone calls / surfing the internet with the phone.  Does anyone have any more information regarding the one plus phones and AT&T?  I know that AT&T's interest is to profit by selling their phones.  I am not too tech savvy, so thank you for any information!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 y ago

ACE - Sage

• 

90.5K Messages

2 y ago

@sbondari wrote:

Hello,  the one plus 7 pro sounds like a great phone.  I am worried about phone calls / surfing the internet with the phone.  Worried about what?   As in previous posts the phones work.  Read the thread, then ask specific questions.  

Does anyone have any more information regarding the one plus phones and AT&T? Like what?   

I know that AT&T's interest is to profit by selling their phones.  I am not too tech savvy, so thank you for any information!

You buy it, you swap your SIM card, you transfer your information from google back up by following the prompts.  
What more?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 y ago

Dear lizdance40,

Please don't assume that I have not taken time to do my research or read all of your threads.  As you stated "In previous threads:  the phone works", I have also read  about some connection issues, thus prompting my question about whether the phone works here.  I have no SIM card to swap since my previous phone was lost / stolen.  How do I get a SIM card?  Does it come with the phone, or must I get it through the AT and T store?  Thanks.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 y ago

Thank you.  That answers my questions!

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.