Pre-order the new Google Pixel 7, Google Pixel 7 Pro and new Google Pixel Watch - Online Now!
Troubleshoot your device issues
khunter08's profile
khunter08
Celestial 50!
Supersonic 25!
#1 Star!

Mentor

• 

22 Messages

Tue, Oct 10, 2017 8:43 AM

Nokia 8 on AT&T network

All,

I'm considering purchasing a Nokia 8 overseas and would like to use it on the AT&T network.  Apparently the device will not become available in the US.  Any thoughts?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4年前

One of the earlier comments was mentioning giving ATT the imei of the device to assign to your sim card. I haven't tried this and was wondering if you have. I figured LTE wouldn't work in the US and especially my area on the East Coast so I wasn't disappointed. Great phone still to have in the US. 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

4年前

Yes, this is how I got it to work. I gave customer support the IMEI off my
Galaxy S5 and then started toggling from 3G to 4G in the settings. It will
lock right on to LTE until a voice call is Made or the LTE is signal drops
down to 3G / HSPA+. It appears that it will not do voice over LTE hence the
drop in service. Not a big deal if it switches back when done as it was
doing flawlessly in CA, but as soon as I went over OR border it reverted
back to having to manually switch it. It uses LTE bands 2 and 4 over here,
but our phone doesn't support the main one of 12/17.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4年前

Ohh well I'll have to try that. Hopefully I can get 4g them or even just have it connect for a bit here in Maryland. Thanks for the info, I will give them a call in a few hours and let you know if it helps myself.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4年前

It doesn't work from what I have tried. I have a Nexus 5x SIM that I placed into a Nokia 8 selected every access point available from that SIM and it only came up best with 3G/HSPA+. I found this URL that says what networks work with this phone. It appears that ATT only works 50% of the time on LTE from that URL.  However, TMobile is showing working 100% of the time from that URL. I don't know how legit the site since I checked the TMobile's compatibility URL and the phone isn't compatible. But I am still going to the T-Mobile store tomorrow to try one of their SIMs.  I'll keep everyone posted.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.