Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

• 

1 Message

Sat, Feb 15, 2020 12:30 AM

Nighthawk M1 unlock, not working

Purchased a nighthawk M1 from Bestbuy (Baught outright, no payments) a little over a year ago and have had an active AT&T plan for the entire time. Went to unlock it through the device unlock portal but after the 48 hour period i recieved an email saying it requires more time. This was a week ago so i reached out to the live chat and explained the situation and was told it was approved and the unlock code should be sent to me via email within the next 24 hours. This is the 3rd time i've been given this response.

What needs to happen for me to get this code?

Responses

mobilemax

Employee

• 

796 Messages

2 months ago

Hello,

Generally this issue is a the unlock portal guidelines clearly show the device has to be purchased through AT&T, account in good standing and paid off device, etc etc. The device was purchased outright, but because it was through Best Buy and not an AT&T store it delayed the process to get approval in most cases. Submit requests on att.com/deviceunlock is the only portal for unlock. A reprsentative can assist in escalating a situation, but they can’t see a code for or unlock a device themselves. For future full price purchases, I’d get one already unlocked, so you can use it however you please.

(edited)

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…