Troubleshoot your device issues
Azmodoz's profile

1 Message

Wednesday, December 27th, 2023 6:32 PM

Nighthawk 5g is half the speed of the 4g, and speeds randomly drop to less than 1 mbps on both.

I had a 4g nighthawk with 3 bars signal, averaged 40mbs, for months I had to reset it daily as it would randomly drop to less than 1 mbps.

4-5 phone calls to tech support with 0 resolution, they offered me a free 5g nighthawk claiming that my 4g needed to be replaced.

Brand new line, brand new 5g nighthawk with 5 bars of signal...average speed 20mbps, and still randomly drops speed to less than 1 mbps, any kind of reset or refresh resolves this temporarily. Phone Tech support has no resolution, assumes I am to far from tower, and wants me to buy some $300-$700 cell extender...and they are not confident it will resolve the issue. Next time I go into town i will speed test in town. but I am better off switching back to my 4g device...since it seems I have to reset constantly anyways...

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

4 months ago

That's because you're deprioritized significantly under phones.  Mobile hotspot is a poor substitute for internet.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.