Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.
mutantmike

Mentor

• 

51 Messages

Tue, Jan 14, 2020 7:10 PM

My device will not automattically retrive IP or DNS what do I do?

Trying to connect at Xbox 360 to my velocity ATT hotspot. It will not automatically get the info.

I have to manually enter IP, gateway and DNS.

Also do I enter information into the PPoE settings on teh Xbox?

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.2K Messages

1 month ago

This is a common complaint when trying to use a mobile device from AT&T to connect 2 a gaming device. AT&T does not allow the sort of port forwarding or change in Nat that is required to make the devices work as desired. Basically you're spitting into the wind on this one

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
mutantmike

Mentor

• 

51 Messages

Thanks so much for responding!!!!!

How come certain Xbox 360's will connect, when other models, like my S model will not do you know?

My Xbox one is just find and will connect. Do certain 360 models have feature that does not allow this

Also, my phone can connect to the xbox 360 via hot spot just fine, why not our hotspot?

mutantmike

Mentor

• 

51 Messages

@lizdance40 Can you explain why out ATT phones connect just fine but the Velocity Hot Spot cannot even conenct?

I understand NAT but the device still should connect.

Would be nice is ATT folks on the board actually helped instead of just making statements

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.2K Messages

Sorry, it's just how it's always been, it's how AT&T chooses.
All I know is this is a limitation of AT&T.

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.