Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.
daisy2041

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

Mon, Oct 20, 2008 6:41 AM

Closed

MOTO Q will NOT boot up

I don't know what happened. My phone would not switch to vibrate mode from normal mode so I decided to turn it off and on. When I turned it back on, it stated "this is the first time your phone is being activated please do not turn off the phone". So I let it boot and the screen background said "the home screen setting you are trying to load is unavailable. Please go to settings to load another one" (or something similar). Once in settings nothing would load. I couldn't get to my contacts or text messages either. I restarted and again it said "this is the first time your phone is being turned on". I let it boot again and the same thing happened. 

I took the battery out and waited for it to reset but it would not turn on other than the AT&T screen. I have even tried a master reset and nothing but the AT&T screen loading. I am going to leave the battery out overnight while I sleep and see what happens in the morning.

Any ideas???

Responses

Accepted Solution

daisy2041

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

I called AT&T for a replacement and we were able to a master reset by holding down E Z and the power button for 5 seconds. It is working fine now. Thank you for your time!!!

Expert

• 

2.4K Messages

12 years ago

Did you by any chance install a home screen program on the memory card?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Prev. devices: SGS, Note 2, SGS3, Galaxy Nexus, T-Mobile, G2x, iPhone4, HTC HD2, HTC Fuze, HTC StarTrek, BB Bold
daisy2041

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

No I did not

Expert

• 

2.4K Messages

12 years ago

Sounds like a warranty issue.  If you've had the phone less than 30 days, you can get it exchanged at place of purchase.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Prev. devices: SGS, Note 2, SGS3, Galaxy Nexus, T-Mobile, G2x, iPhone4, HTC HD2, HTC Fuze, HTC StarTrek, BB Bold
daisy2041

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

It's been over 30 days now. (Phone was purchased on 6/9/08.) What are my options? I have insurance. Also, I purchased the phone via AT&T website with the no commitment pricing. Can I take it to an Authorized Retailer to get a new one?

Message Edited by daisy2041 on 10-20-2008 12:37:08 PM

Message Edited by daisy2041 on 10-20-2008 12:38:05 PM

Expert

• 

2.4K Messages

12 years ago

@daisy2041 wrote:
It's been over 30 days now. What are my options? I have insurance.

Options:

1) Warranty exchange - $0
2) Insurance - $50 deductible

Option #2 might get you a replacement faster.  Water damage, droppage or other sort of "abuse" are not covered by option #1.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
daisy2041

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

Since I have insurance, can I do the warranty exchange or do I have to go through the insurance company?

Thanks for all your help!

Expert

• 

2.4K Messages

12 years ago

Warranty exchange is through ATT; insurance is going to go through Asurion.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Expert

• 

2.4K Messages

12 years ago

I thought you tried that already...but glad that worked out for you!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Get started...

Ask a new question