For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
imame's profile

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, July 20th, 2022 8:19 PM

mms.att.net messages bouncing back from att mail as the address couldnt be found or is unable to receive mail.

Your message wasnt delivered to (insert my ph number here)@mms.att.net because the address couldnt be found or is unable to receive mail.

This worked up until 7/16/22 ish time frame and will work if I send from my work email

Security cameras running on Blue Iris as a NVR and when detects motion will email from a GMail account to another gmail on my phone (this works correctly) plus send one attachment in the MMS - this is the piece that stopped working.  Gmail is using the added on  O authorized authentication.

Its in the sending account that I see the bounce back of not found or unable mentioned above

I called AT&T tech support and they were clueless and after bouncing between a few support people I mysteriously got disconnected when it couldnt be figured out.

Any ideas?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

2 years ago

Yeah, don’t use Gmail. There is a known issue with email to text from gmail, most likely because so many spam texts are sent from gmail and they constantly get reported and blocked. I believe this has caused many gmail relay servers to be rejected.

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I am having the same experience with one particular gmail account I created.  We have four gmail accounts and have sent mms messages to the same phone number from all four and only one of them comes back with the error:  

550 5.2.0 <gmail address> - mxtXpUddmZ4pQmxtXpT20i - Internal error

The one receiving the bounce is the account that needs this functionality.  So where does the discrepancy lie?  I am at the end of my ability to trouble shoot.  

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.