Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
Slb_321's profile

• 

1 Message

Wed, Mar 2, 2022 5:08 PM

Misrepresentation/Taking Advantage of Seniors

I would appreciate any assistance/direction someone can give us with a stressful situation with selling ATT services and products that we’re absolutely misrepresented.  We are are seniors, one disabled, moving into a new retirement community.  An ATT rep came to our home and asked what the total cost per mo was of our Verizon service (approx $170.00). She then explained that ATT would give us new iPhone 13 with a trade in of our iPhone 12.  She sent us an email to verify that the ongoing cost, including insurance, would be 136.00 no plus taxes.  Today, we were charged $358.00 on our bank VISA.  When I called ATT for an explanation of the bill, they said it was correct.  It included activation fees and that our ongoing bill would be $223.00 plus taxes.

We are on a fixed income and we were totally misled and lied to.   Where can we go with this because ATT customer service told me that it didn’t matter who I talked to, they would give me the same explanation regarding our ongoing bill.

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

16.1K Messages

5 m前

This isn't a home phone issue, moving to the wireless forum. 

• 

1 Message

3 m前

Same thing happened to me!I am senior living on very little and rep came up to me in Target representing ATT and told me I could switch my 4 lines for half the price of my Verizon..  bought 2 phones for suppose to be tax only $66. Phones were free…NOT.. when two of my lines would not switch due to other lies she told me I called ATT and spoke to top tech person and two hours later she told me there were NO $20. Lines fees and $799. X2 had been charged to my account plus $50. Per phone lines fee was charged to me.. I broke down at 77yrs old and this person called LeSauna had scammed me for all these lies I tried calling but of course she never answered her phone and never called me back.. I had to take medicine to calm myself down and called Verizon that night.. they were closed but the chat person told me to be at Verizon store at 9am next morning.. I was there and they switched me back to my Verizon account all 4 lines and am am DONE with the false scam I was lied to about EVERYTHING the woman told me.. I am NOT paying for those 2 $800. Phones and NOT paying ATT anything after the nightmare I went through because of that scammer lady at Target… BEWARE it’s all lies to change you over… I am calling the manger of Target and telling him what this woman is back there doing to SENIOR citizens and calling the BBB Monday morning and telling them of this.. ATT needs to defend our senior status because of what there representatives are scamming us and living about everything that came out of there mouths.. also when she told me to sign her tablet with my finger I told her I don’t know what I am signing and she said just a paper that gives us to look at your account.. also told me there was NO contract and could cancel at anytime! Another lie!…Sandra martin 

Constructive

Employee

• 

28.7K Messages

3 m前

There is no contract anymore and those are target employees not AT&T employees. 

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

18.5K Messages

3 m前

@1989sc  AT&T "stores" in Target, BestBuy, Sam's Clubs, Costco, door-to-door, etc are AT&T Retail operators. Even some of the brick and mortar stores are AT&T Retail Stores. They are all independently owned and operated separate from AT&T and are not staffed or operated by AT&T employees. They work on commission and will do just about anything to make a sale. AT&T will only honor what is on their website as a deal or promo.

You will have to take the issue up with Target as they are the ones who sold you the AT&T goods and services. Your other option is to file a complaint with the BBB and/or the FCC against the Target AT&T Retail outlet.

• 

1 Message

8 d前

It happened to me too.  He is driving an AT&T service van.  The transition from T-mobile to AT&T was a nightmare.  The promise of better plan rate never materialized, if fact, I am paying more.  Never heard from him after he signed me up.  His supposedly office at Washington st. in Daly City is temporarily closed.  And all these discounted equipment, and they will note disclose that it will literally tie you on a 3 year contract, otherwise, you'll pay the full balance of the original(no discount) price.   These salespeople are abusive to the elderly.

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

18.5K Messages

8 d前

There are no contracts anymore unless you purchase a phone on the installment plan. It could have been an Authorized AT&T Retail salesperson who is not actually an AT&T employee but actually works for an independent and not directly for AT&T.

Get whatever paperwork you have and file a complaint with the BBB.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

30.3K Messages

8 d前

@renof 

they will note disclose that it will literally tie you on a 3 year contract,

AT&T hasn't had contracts in years. So you aren't tied into one.

What you may have is an installment plan on the phone purchase instead of the entire cost up-front.

He is driving an AT&T service van.

His supposedly office at Washington st. in Daly City is temporarily closed.

Driving a service van and that "office" is where he supposedly works? If you didn't go to a store for service then this sounds like a 3rd party door-to-door salesman. The culture of door-to-door hasn't changed in centuries. Too much misinformation, or flat out lies, just to make a sale.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.