Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Troubleshoot your device issues
SplainLikeIm5's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, May 12th, 2017 11:52 PM

Microsoft Lumia 950: Wi-fi Calling

It doesn't appear to have been brought up for awhile, so I thought I'd ask.  When will the availability of Wi-Fi Calling come to the Lumia 950/950xl?  It's currently available on another carriers, so I gather the phone is capable.  Please don't point fingers, and I know there's quite a bit more to it then to just a flip of a switch.  I'm sure I'm not the only 950/950xl user that wants Wi-Fi Calling, as I'm also sure there aren't a lot of us.  

My hope was that I'd be able to use Wi-Fi Calling while traveling overseas this summer.

Comments, thoughts, insights, suggestions (other than switching to the other carrier)?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

Att has dumped windows. It will prob never come for it.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.8K Messages

7 years ago

ATT isn't going to include older phones.   And is not including non branded phones.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

7 years ago

What other carriers have you found Wi-Fi calling to work with the Lumia 905/950XL? I haven't found one.

Guru

• 

673 Messages

7 years ago

@Rev1979 Skype, but then you'll be using a different phone number for those calls and you'll need Skype credit. Every carrier requires branded phones for Wi-Fi calling. i don't believe that there is any way around this.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

At the time, I thought T-mo offered it.  I believe EE does, but that does little good for me in Calif/US.  My solution was to swap phones while traveling.  Kind of a pain, as I swapped the night before leaving.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.