Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wed, May 4, 2016 6:38 AM

Marshmallow 6.0 update / BlackBerry Priv

When will AT&T Blackberry Priv update be made available? Seems like every other carrier is rolling out the update, except sLOWwwwww. AT&T.
Get with the program!

Responses

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

So ATT your lying to us as you said when it is available for our device we will get it OTA. Yet it's been out now for more than a week and we are yet to receive it. We don't care if you need time to make your bloat ware available on our device's we don't want that. Your breaking our contract by holding back an upgrade that has been released in a timely matter. Your refusal to push the upgrade shows lack of good will to your customers.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

4 years ago

I really do not appreciate the idea of ATT adding BloatWare to my phone. I disable everything "ATT" as quickly as possible.

They are probably delaying the rollout to because they can't figure out how to load their BW with all the security addons from BB.

Your job is easy, ATT. We will all appreciate you more if you do LESS work. We can all download your apps from the app store if we want, so give us a clean install so we don't wonder if YOUR software is the problem when there is an issue.
AaronClark

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

4 years ago

Any word att? We want Marshmallow like a Smores junky!!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I have unlocked ATT phone .. but I am on T-Mobile network.. Will I be getting updates OTA whenever it will be released?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Seriously, enough is enough, it's May 11!!! Send out the update already. Your excuses are not warranted. Just do it. I mean, come on already. This is why AT&T has such a bad reputation... poor customer service and making promises you can't keep.
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.1K Messages

4 years ago

@ashadh wrote:

I have unlocked ATT phone .. but I am on T-Mobile network.. Will I be getting updates OTA whenever it will be released?

@ashadh

No ATT does not update devices that are not on there network.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.1K Messages

4 years ago

@Cajunpear wrote:
Seriously, enough is enough, it's May 11!!! Send out the update already. Your excuses are not warranted. Just do it. I mean, come on already. This is why AT&T has such a bad reputation... poor customer service and making promises you can't keep.

ATT never promissed updates any where.  Now blackberry might have but when your almost out of business you have to do something.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Hey.. Thanks for the reply. So how can I update my phone? Is it possible to put some one's ATT sim card and update the phone or Do I need to walk into ATT store to get it updated?

AaronClark

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

4 years ago

What makes you think BlackBerry is almost out of business? Lol, BlackBerry is releasing 2 new phones this year the Rome and Hamburg ( code names). With fingerprint scanner. Plus their a 3.6 billion dollar company! Their far from out of business. #Blackerry4Life
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.1K Messages

4 years ago

@AaronClark wrote:
What makes you think BlackBerry is almost out of business? Lol, BlackBerry is releasing 2 new phones this year the Rome and Hamburg ( code names). With fingerprint scanner. Plus their a 3.6 billion dollar company! Their far from out of business. #Blackerry4Life

as a phone maker I would say there on there last leg.  they only moved 600000 phones last quarter.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/blackberry-names-ralph-pini-to-replace-ron-louks-as-head-of-devices-1462802577

http://www.jobsnhire.com/articles/39808/20160402/blackberry-revenue-drops-handset-troubles-continue.htm

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Extensive testing is not required , you need time to add bloatware and make sure all the preloaded att apps work and are crammed in. We know how the system works.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Almost out of buisness? how can you be almost out of buisness for 5 years....lol. Please let that joke rest.

AaronClark

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

4 years ago

I just hung up with T-Mobile and every one of their BlackBerry Privs are running Marshmallow, they have pretty good plans also so Friday after work I'm heading over to switch to T-Mobile. Tired of waiting on Att to make a move with Marshmallow, if some it came by tomorrow I'd stay but I know that won't happen lol. T-Mobile here I come and I can't wait to get Marshmallow.
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.1K Messages

4 years ago

@AaronClark wrote:
I just hung up with T-Mobile and every one of their BlackBerry Privs are running Marshmallow, they have pretty good plans also so Friday after work I'm heading over to switch to T-Mobile. Tired of waiting on Att to make a move with Marshmallow, if some it came by tomorrow I'd stay but I know that won't happen lol. T-Mobile here I come and I can't wait to get Marshmallow.

@AaronClark

so your going to buy a new priv?  You just cant flash a tmobile rom on a phone it was not made for.  The radio bands are different for LTE which means the radio stack is different.

AaronClark

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

4 years ago

Yup I'll buy a new one, paid cash for this one and I'll pay cash for the other.  But t mobile said it would work after checking my number. 

Sent from my BlackBerry Priv- the most secure mobile device - via the AT&T Network

Get started...

Ask a new question