Troubleshoot your device issues
zidane2016's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, December 20th, 2014 7:33 PM

Lumia Denim/WP 8.1.1 Update

Three days ago, Microsoft/Nokia began the worldwide rollout of the Denim firmware/Windows Phone 8.1.1 software update. The Microsoft Lumia twitter account gave very little detail other than "It will be available following carrier testing and approvals". Can any AT&T insider give us some info on when the Lumia 1520 (or other Lumias, for that matter) will receive this update? I'm spending the Christmas weekend with my family and I'd like to have the camera improvements and 4K video in time for that occasion!! You guys have been good to us WP users for the past two major firmware updates (Black, Cyan), so please don't pull a Verizon on us now!

Teacher

• 

33 Messages

9 years ago

Kind of.  You get the software with the developer preview, but not the firmware. So you will get the live folders, but not the Camera changes etc. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks, but already running latest OS update through dev preview. The denim firmware is what I'm waiting for 🙂

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

9 years ago

When.....When

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Looking for some additional information regarding the new WP update... Interesting to see the entire world get it before we do here in the US. Is there any sort of timeline at all?

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

9 years ago

Yes, waiting for Denim update........Come on, AT&T

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hello! @wong282828 thanks for posting your OS questions. At this time we do not have a release date for the Lumia Denim update. Rest assured that once the update is released you will receive a message on your phone to do that update. In the meantime, please feel free to visit us at www.att.com/esupport/softwareUpdates.jsp for more update information.

Hope this helps!

Charise

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I received at&t popup on phone stating that Lumia Denim is ready for download. As I was busy at work I skipped the message. Rertuning home I went back to phone update but it showed that no updates are available and my 1520 shows Limua Cyan as the current OS. AT&T, not sure why you are delaying the release. Is it because AT&T adding bloatware and running tests with those bloatware??

Explorer

• 

9 Messages

9 years ago

OK, so I have patiently watch as Verizon, Europe, Mexico, and everywhere else in the world get the update.  I have tried to just wait and see.  I understand an abundance of caution but come on, everyone else that has it is loving it and having few issues.  I understand when I update any piece of equipment that it could fail and I hope you do too.  I know you guys had the big Apple roll out debaucle but crap, lets get this thing rolling.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

how can you not have any estimate on the denim relase date?

You could atleast let us know if its this month or next month or the month after that. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

exactly... i can not wait...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.