Troubleshoot your device issues
zidane2016's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, December 20th, 2014 7:33 PM

Lumia Denim/WP 8.1.1 Update

Three days ago, Microsoft/Nokia began the worldwide rollout of the Denim firmware/Windows Phone 8.1.1 software update. The Microsoft Lumia twitter account gave very little detail other than "It will be available following carrier testing and approvals". Can any AT&T insider give us some info on when the Lumia 1520 (or other Lumias, for that matter) will receive this update? I'm spending the Christmas weekend with my family and I'd like to have the camera improvements and 4K video in time for that occasion!! You guys have been good to us WP users for the past two major firmware updates (Black, Cyan), so please don't pull a Verizon on us now!

Explorer

• 

27 Messages

9 years ago

In this case I wouldn't hold AT&T accountable for the wait. I have a 1520.3, which is not locked to a carrier, and it hasn't received the update from MS yet either.

Explorer

• 

31 Messages

9 years ago

When can those of us with the AT&T Lumia 920 expect the Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 and Lumia Denium update?

And will this update bring anything new to the Lumia 920 or will their not be anything new this tiime around?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Pretty sure At&t isn't even testing this update. No word from anyone on when they'll push it out. I'm kinda thinking that since the 1020/1520 have been EOL'd already they kinda decided to throw all of us WP users under the bus.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

But hey, at least we'll get Windows 10 without At&t intervening for updates ....if you are in the Windows Insider Program that is. Shame though, I really wanted Hey Cortana on my 1520. It's such a useful feature on my Moto X..especially while driving.

Teacher

• 

33 Messages

9 years ago

the 1520 has not been EOL'd It is still very much alive.  Its only a year old, my previous 920 recieved updates all the way up to this last one so far, which is 2.5 years old.

Dont have such a pecimisitc view on things.  It takes time to test these things on the network. AT&T is still one of the fastest for getting out updates to the phones. 

The 1020 true was EOL'd about 6 months ago.  So was the 920, yet they are still getting updates.  The 1020 and 920 are not getting much out of this, just the software update to 8.1.1 which only brings live folders to the device. They will not be getting the new firmware as they have reached the limits of what can be done with the hardware. 

I am just as excited as you are, but you just need to relax a bit and wait just a tad longer.  I am now using the Lumia 830, which still needs the Denim firmware to be able to use camera 5 (even though it states it comes with Denim, it does not have the firmware to enable the camera features)  So I am playing the wating game as well. 

Teacher

• 

33 Messages

9 years ago

And just like the developer preview program, you will only get the software, you will still have to wait on AT&T for the release of the firmware to take full use of the software. 

just hold tight. Micrsoft said that most phones will have the Denim update by the end of January (although I am thinking it will roll out on AT&T the first two weeks of febuary, starting with the 635, and then up from there)

Explorer

• 

31 Messages

9 years ago

@Noahma wrote:

the 1520 has not been EOL'd It is still very much alive.  Its only a year old, my previous 920 recieved updates all the way up to this last one so far, which is 2.5 years old.

Dont have such a pecimisitc view on things.  It takes time to test these things on the network. AT&T is still one of the fastest for getting out updates to the phones. 

The 1020 true was EOL'd about 6 months ago.  So was the 920, yet they are still getting updates.  The 1020 and 920 are not getting much out of this, just the software update to 8.1.1 which only brings live folders to the device. They will not be getting the new firmware as they have reached the limits of what can be done with the hardware. 

I am just as excited as you are, but you just need to relax a bit and wait just a tad longer.  I am now using the Lumia 830, which still needs the Denim firmware to be able to use camera 5 (even though it states it comes with Denim, it does not have the firmware to enable the camera features)  So I am playing the wating game as well. 

I have heard from some one on the Microsoft Lumia forum that used to be the nokia lumia forum that the Lumia 920 has hot been considered EOL yet

Unless some one of the AT&T Community Managers has some more insite into weather this is true or not? But all I can say is and this is according to a microsoft lumia representative on thier forum that the Lumia 920 has not yet approached EOL yet

Unless something has changed since then

Teacher

• 

33 Messages

9 years ago

The 920 was EOL'd quite a while ago (before the 1020). Basically EOL (end of life) is the date in which they no longer produce new units.  All of the 920's available now are going to be either unsold units, or refurbished units. 

AT&T also currently only shows 3 Windows phone devices for sale within their stores.  The Lumia 635, Lumia 830, and the Lumia 1520

The 1520 I suspect will not reach EOL until mid next year.  They actually just released the green version about 4 months ago. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

Any update on when Denim update will avilable? there are ton of improvments for lumia 1520.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

A work-a-round might be Preview for Developers.

Go here to get the Windows Phone app:

http://is.gd/Ak1sWX

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.