Troubleshoot your device issues
zidane2016's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, December 20th, 2014 7:33 PM

Lumia Denim/WP 8.1.1 Update

Three days ago, Microsoft/Nokia began the worldwide rollout of the Denim firmware/Windows Phone 8.1.1 software update. The Microsoft Lumia twitter account gave very little detail other than "It will be available following carrier testing and approvals". Can any AT&T insider give us some info on when the Lumia 1520 (or other Lumias, for that matter) will receive this update? I'm spending the Christmas weekend with my family and I'd like to have the camera improvements and 4K video in time for that occasion!! You guys have been good to us WP users for the past two major firmware updates (Black, Cyan), so please don't pull a Verizon on us now!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

Lizdanc, what does your post have to do with Windows Phone update? Aren't all of the devices in your post Android?

ACE - Sage

• 

116K Messages

9 years ago

All updates are pushed out through AT&T.
Including windows updates.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

9 years ago

I know, right?  That answer was totally scripted.  The AT&T rep that posted it probably gave herself 5 stars to make herself look better.  That is what upsets me about AT&T; they are never straight forward with you, and can't even answer a direct question.  Ridculous considering we pay their salaries.....

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

You are right...it did sound scripted.  I don't get it either; why they have to be so vague. And worse then that, is they don't seem too concerned when there is no real answer. I called a month ago to ask about denim update, and it was the usual blah blah we don't know. Maybe customer service doesn't know, but someone does and I think they could find out. If it wasn't for being a die hard windows phone fan(back to 2006 with Windows mobile), I would have told at&t nevermind. But I love my 1520 enough to put up with at&t's crap. I guess it could be worse: We could be on verizon, with no 1520, and waiting for cyan...

Sent from my Windows Phone

[Please keep it courteous]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I left Verizon just a month ago for this exact reason, I knew that AT&T was better as far as Windows Phone selection and updates go. Now that I'm here, I see something I don't like, AT&T is shy about releasing details on anything. Why is it so hard to just update us, and give us an estimated time frame? I understand that you don't want to release untested software and that it can take some time, but shutting out your customers like this doesn't do anything but drive them away.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I wish MS would just build their own phone network and do like Republic Wireless, buy the phone in cash, pay 10-20 dollars a month and forget ATT or Verizon.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Can AT&T inform us when this update might be ready?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Bummer to see Verizon is the first carrier to push out the update. Still hoping AT&T will push it out soon... http://www.microsoft.com/en/mobile/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/availability-in-north-america/

Teacher

• 

33 Messages

9 years ago

Verizon has NOT pushed the update to any of the lumia phones. They still have NOT even pushed 8.1 + Cyan. 

edited: looks like they have pushed it to older handsets, missing on the Icon. (the 822, and 928 do not benifit from the firmware, which is probably why they recieved it quickly.) 

Just have to wait, it usually takes a month or so from Microsoft releasing the firmware to carriers for them to test and release. 

By the by, even though I have an 830, that supposedly has Denim already, it is missing the camera firmware, so I am in the same boat as all of you.  just have to be patient. AT&T has generally been good with windows phone updates, with one exception (8.0 GDR2+Black) which turns out had a problem with the firmware, and needed Microsoft to fix before roll out.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

C'mon ATT, show us some love and tell usMan Happy)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.