Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
zidane2016's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, December 20th, 2014 7:33 PM

Lumia Denim/WP 8.1.1 Update

Three days ago, Microsoft/Nokia began the worldwide rollout of the Denim firmware/Windows Phone 8.1.1 software update. The Microsoft Lumia twitter account gave very little detail other than "It will be available following carrier testing and approvals". Can any AT&T insider give us some info on when the Lumia 1520 (or other Lumias, for that matter) will receive this update? I'm spending the Christmas weekend with my family and I'd like to have the camera improvements and 4K video in time for that occasion!! You guys have been good to us WP users for the past two major firmware updates (Black, Cyan), so please don't pull a Verizon on us now!

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

9 years ago

My daily driver is an 830 with denim, but I am using windows 10 on my old 920. In my past experience, I've never had an issue with developer preview. The insider builds of windows 10 have had problems, but they have really straightened things out with the last build or two. I hope this helps!

If it were me, I wouldn't be worried about either build for a daily driver at this point, but the Windows 10 build is more risky. You can always roll back though.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

@buck_e Thanks for sharing your experience and advice. I'll probably wait until Windows 10 Mobile is released outside of the Insider Program before I upgrade my 920.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

ATT does not intend to release the Denim update because doing so would take them out of the update loop for compatible phones. This would keep them from being able to "force" you into a yearly upgrade cycle; something that they enjoy with andorid and apple products. Why would a sensible person upgrade a phone every year unless there is a feature they Really need? They wouldnt unless it was at end of life, which is what not allowing the denim update does to all Lumia phones not shipped with denim on them. The 920, 1020, 1520 and 925 sold like hotcakes which for ATT means TONS of phones coming out of contract and users who "need" new handsets. Do you honestly think ATT would extend their usable life by releasing updates? or attempt to extend your contract by getting you to agree to a new phone? Two words to fix this for the orphaned phones "Windows Insider". Get the app update to denim and wait for win10mobile or take the plunge early! I did and have no issues.

Your're Welcome!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.