Troubleshoot your device issues
northidahoted's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, March 22nd, 2016 3:43 PM

Lumia 640 Windows 10

When will att provide the upgrade from OO 8.1 to 10?

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

7 years ago

Hang in there I waited awhile but one day I got the word and bam

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

@rtbbf1967@dkigef, maybe.  

That's assuming that we're talking about the 640, and NOT the 640XL, which as far as I know, hasn't had a W10m release OTA, from AT&T, as of yet.

ATTMobilityCares went so far as to suggest Insider too, for the 640XL, for the "interim", which is probably saying something...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Still can't update to windows 10 on Lumia 640 xl using upgrade advisor app .Still says working with carrier.Any updates?Phone purchased August ,2016

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

7 years ago

It takes awhile might b a couple months

Guru

• 

673 Messages

7 years ago

@vickienm @rtbbf1967 Join the Windows Insider program. You may never see Windows 10 Mobile on the 640 XL coming from AT&T. you never, know. You'll also be on a later build than whatever it is that AT&T would decide to send. If you want help on performing the update, just ask or read the previous suggestions!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Would it be good to go on and reinstall windows 10 on my Lumia 640? I did the 10 install already but wasn't able to share pics, had a hard time sharing anything! In your opinion, should I leave this phone at 8.1 or install 10 again to get the best out of what I have? What is your opinion on the matter?

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

7 years ago

Ten
Sent from my Windows 10 phone

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

Win10m, hands-down.  

You don't have to do a fresh-install, or at least I wouldn't, initially.  

- Back up everything, using the internal backup app (which will save the data to your Live account)

- Do a full-reset

- At this point, if it were me, I'd do the restore as it resumes from reset, and see if things are fixed.  Worst-case, you reset, a second time.  IME, this will fix it without another reset, at least 90%.

- If it's not fixed, reset again, and then very carefully re-import things, trying to stick to data-only on the restore, to avoid importing the corruption, again.

I set my mom up with a 640 (she was a VERY resistant smartphone-convert, but needed text for some financials), and I gave it to her with Win10m at the outset. She's VERY happy with it, doing things on her phone she never thought possible (texting a LOT, some browsing, occasional emails, managing her contacts and some appointments, etc).

Guru

• 

673 Messages

7 years ago

@Kristi_6 yes, Windows 10. Explain what you mean by having a hard time sharing; could you not figure it out or did it simply not work?

You an Hard Reset your device as suggested. Since I didn't see the steps describe I'll list them for you.

First back up - I suggests you be on Wi-Fi when you do this -

Go to Settings

Update and Security

Backup

More Options

Back up now

Then

Settings

System

About

Reset your phone

During the reseting process, after the gear spinning and you start configuring you'll have the option to restore your backup. I suggests you be on Wi-Fi when you do this.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.