Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Mar 22, 2016 3:43 PM

Lumia 640 Windows 10

When will att provide the upgrade from OO 8.1 to 10?

Responses

rtbbf1967

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

4 years ago

Iam aware it took me over a month and a half before I was notified to dwn load…set phone for notification and I am a 10’er…good luck
pgrey

ACE - Master

• 

3.4K Messages

4 years ago

Correct, you have the 640XL, which hasn't had W10m released yet, via AT&T OTA.

Your options are to wait (for OTA update from AT&T), or go Insider (see my previous post).

That's it, unfortunately or not.  

I figure at least you *have* options in this case, and even to get a better build than what would like by the OTA push.  

If you had an Android phone (most anyway), you couldn't do this, you'd just have to wait.

*If this (or another post in this thread) fixes your problem/issue, please mark it as solved, and I'll tag it, to make it easier for others to find the answer(s). Thanks.

*If this (or another post in this thread) fixes your problem/issue, please mark it as "accept-solution", and I'll tag it, to make it easier for others to find the answer(s). FYI: I'm an AT&T end-user, just like most of us in the forum. Thanks.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

How about for the 640 XL?  Still no update  😞  Very dissapointed

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Just bought another 640xl, ran the Upgrade Advisor and it says phone is eligible but still waiting for upgrade!! What do I need to do to get Win 10 on this phone??? Help!!!
pgrey

ACE - Master

• 

3.4K Messages

4 years ago

@MikeMckSee my options above, which were also recommended by ATTMobilityCares...

*If this (or another post in this thread) fixes your problem/issue, please mark it as "accept-solution", and I'll tag it, to make it easier for others to find the answer(s). FYI: I'm an AT&T end-user, just like most of us in the forum. Thanks.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

You need to wait interminably, or, do what I did to get Windows 10
mobile - buy a 950 XL.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Still waiting for upgrade to windows 10
ODad

ACE - Guru

• 

671 Messages

4 years ago

@dkigef... which device do you have?

ODad
rtbbf1967

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

4 years ago

rtbbf1967

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

4 years ago

It will take awhile
rtbbf1967

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

4 years ago

Hang in there I waited awhile but one day I got the word and bam
pgrey

ACE - Master

• 

3.4K Messages

4 years ago

@rtbbf1967@dkigef, maybe.  

That's assuming that we're talking about the 640, and NOT the 640XL, which as far as I know, hasn't had a W10m release OTA, from AT&T, as of yet.

ATTMobilityCares went so far as to suggest Insider too, for the 640XL, for the "interim", which is probably saying something...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Still can't update to windows 10 on Lumia 640 xl using upgrade advisor app .Still says working with carrier.Any updates?Phone purchased August ,2016
rtbbf1967

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

4 years ago

It takes awhile might b a couple months
ODad

ACE - Guru

• 

671 Messages

4 years ago

@vickienm @rtbbf1967 Join the Windows Insider program. You may never see Windows 10 Mobile on the 640 XL coming from AT&T. you never, know. You'll also be on a later build than whatever it is that AT&T would decide to send. If you want help on performing the update, just ask or read the previous suggestions!

ODad

Get started...

Ask a new question