Troubleshoot your device issues
northidahoted's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, March 22nd, 2016 3:43 PM

Lumia 640 Windows 10

When will att provide the upgrade from OO 8.1 to 10?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Hello Kevin.  What about Windows 10 for the Lumia 640XL?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Help! Any update to Windows 10 available for Lumia 640 XL?

Guru

• 

673 Messages

8 years ago

@debbbbAT&T will not say. You'll only know once you see it available to download. Be sure ot instlal the Upgrade Advisor App from the Store.

You can also get Windows 10 Mobile today via the Insider Program. Feell free to ask if you have any questions

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Not fix for my lumia 640 on att. Advisor was used to upgrade. Worked poorly with win 10 mobile so went back to win 8.1 mobile wasted 5 hours.

Guru

• 

673 Messages

8 years ago

@JoeParker I don't think o uwated 5-hours. You learned Windows 10 Mobile isn't for you. My question, which build of Windows 10 Mobile did you get? Sounds like 10586.107?

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

8 years ago

Sorry to hear. No probs with W10 on my 640.

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

@JoeParker It's not a very good message, but sometimes you can bring along a fair amount of "baggage" from 8.1, which causes 10 to not function very well.  I've seen it on a bone-stock 640 (I set one up for my mom a few months back) and it's pretty smooth, overall.

If you decide to go forward to W10m again, you could back up (most everything, settings, apps, messages, etc), as long as you have a "Live" account such as Hotmail or Outlook.com.

Then, you can hard-reset the phone, and when it comes back up on W10, restore the backup, which is usually wihtout all the junk you pulled forward with the upgrade.

Hard-resets are a bummer, but I've had maybe 24 of 25 go just fine, with full restore. The one that had some issues I was able to patch up with maybe 4-5 hours of "fiddling", to get the last parts restored manually.

Let me know if you want some more pointers here.

*If this (or another post in this thread) fixes your problem/issue, please mark it as solved, and I'll tag it, to make it easier for others to find the answer(s). Thanks.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

8 years ago

It says I am eligible for update to windows 10 yet when following steps, get nothing can you suggest a solution

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Like others here have said, Update Advisor app tells me my 640XL is eligible (as it has for months), but that I'll be notified when ready. When I check for updates, I'm told that I'm up to date with 8.1. This stinks.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

8 years ago

Please - any info at all would be appreciated in regards to the Win10 update for the 640XL.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.