For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
M

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, December 24th, 2019 12:15 PM

lg g8 phone update

Good afternoon, tell me how you can update the software of the lg g8 phone from the operator at & t model LM_G820UM (unlocked), but I'm not in the United States. HELP PLEASE

Accepted Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

4 years ago

Cannot be done. at&t phones only update software in the USA and using AT&T for service.

• 

6 Messages

What about the security patches ?? Is the company (AT&T) not obliged to keep the Google security up to date ??

If the phone has a clean IMEI, surely it's just a matter of pushing the updates to the device?

How do the resellers end up with these ex-demo, ex-display and overstock units in the first place.

Please help........otherwise I have just bought an expensive pocket camera!!!

Regards,

Keith

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

This worries me as I have just purchased an AT&T (unlocked) LG G8 from an Ebay shop.......I am in Ireland and will have the phone on Thursday.

Did you make anymore progress with this problem ???

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

There is no "progress" to be made. AT&T Androids do not update unless in the USA, using an At&t sim card and service

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.