Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Troubleshoot your device issues
J

• 

6 Messages

Tue, Jul 21, 2020 9:06 PM

Closed

Incorrect claim my phone will not work after the new network upgrade

I received a message I will need a different phone after the 5G upgrade.  This is incorrect.  My phone supports 4G and HD voice, and according to your announcement, that is what is needed.

There are many phones that support 4G and gave HD voice that are not on your published list.

This is not acceptable.  You must fix this ASAP.

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

Notice that our mobile phones will no longer be supported

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

59.7K Messages

2年前

How did you receive the message? It may be a scam. There seem to be many reports of what sounds like a bogus message.

• 

6 Messages

2年前

This is a link to the web page in the email.  All the addresses look legit.

https://message.att-mail.com/pub/sf/FormLink?_ri_=X0Gzc2X%3DAQpglLjHJlDQGhSD3zac2cUyG4GDioIaXt2m0Mtr387XATd46DTrzg60FavcIyJ6nLi3AewkiP3RVXMtX%3DAQpglLjHJlDQGpRzcuzdX3kkszcEityzaruI2kjni8djoLbUzgTa9cdC820IB40bq4fauoa3iAwliWR&_ei_=EowIWbUKNYMYmaGDD6WsLkQyiDJabZ1s6kH5rlfWjF2quPiCnpq9E9yRKEAN0GVp_fok47WQGRa2XA96qyiI50CkvetsWYwnHHRnu7-eTv6IAG0gY_QSjgiMG6f2Xpuzr14ZwGwG1yZ4PTuwbv_wlSpnNbxOYo9dTkKmh9cBsWZyKpIaX3yv2i6Oqx52eWXYnzL1hSP73gLq3Moh8cWH8oM-ma1klblvZcjUZc8bBlSHy4MYBXFyzBL5f3kBBxyVwWlcMYlnW52G2C_7Bpfm_RvWhiByiKABImDq_YlWz6BJ8bQ7XTAyCg.&_di_=9mfcs67a7hhvhmlfflu9abk3534sfo1mbtdhu1bko73gb4flblbg

Teacher

• 

45 Messages

2年前

I have been getting the same emails, and they reference phone numbers that I do have on my account for older phones.  I have also gotten paper copies in the bill via snail mail, so if it's a scam about the phones not being compatible it's really coming from AT&T.  The question now becomes, what are they offering?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2年前

I've gotten this same message with the last four digits of phone numbers I definitely have, but are newer phones (Moto G6 and G7 models) which have full LTE and 4G compatibility across all AT&T bands.  I couldn't care less about fake 5G compatibility, and if this is accurate that AT&T is obsoleting my phones, I'll just take them over to Google Fi where they're fully compatible.  

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

59.7K Messages

2年前

@john_w_g I got the same email but it has nothing to do with 5G, it has to do with the shut down of 3G. I do have one line on my account that needs an upgrade but if your phones are LTE and 4G capable, they are fine. Perhaps you got the email in error. You might want to check your account to ensure the correct devices are shown.

• 

2 Messages

2年前

I recieved the same message about my phone will no longer being supported when then phase out 3G. My phone supports 4G LTE but I have no idea about the HD voice aspect which is also mentioned. Are these independant requirements and if so, how can I determine the HD voice aspect?

• 

2 Messages

2年前

I received the same message today, as well. It refers to our 2 Nokia 7.1 Android phones. If like to know if this is real or not, because we just got these phones a year ago. 

My suspicion is, since we bought the phones outright/unlocked, rather than buying them through AT&T, they might think we're still using our old phones, but I'd like some way to determine that for sure. 

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.