Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

• 

1 Message

Sat, Jan 25, 2020 8:50 AM

I'm trying to transfer my paid for sim card from my broken phone to a working phone

Simple my s10+ took a crap and my sim is still paid for and I have another stand t phone unlocked and would like to transfer it in yo make calls and resume service

Responses

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

36.1K Messages

3 months ago

So what’s the question? Just move the SIM card.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

72.4K Messages

3 months ago

You know the SIM card contains your phone number, all of your account information and therefore it is the little piece of cardboard that provides your service to your phone.
Moving that little piece of cardboard and Metal to a different phone, moves your service!

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

“Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part” 🆘 Dont expect normal any time soon.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
dmapr

ACE - Expert

• 

6.2K Messages

3 months ago

If your old phone takes the same size SIM card as your S10+ (Nano), then just move the SIM as others have suggested. If the other phone takes a bigger size SIM (very rare, unless it's quite old), you'll need an adapter.

mobilemax

Employee

• 

796 Messages

2 months ago

Hello,

The sim is not locked to a phone, so you can simply put it into your unlocked, working phone and you're good to go. If it's an Android device, it might need internet settings, referred to as APN Settings. To find these by googling "Att Android APN Settings" (the correct one is called ATT Nxtgenphone). Untlimately if none work, visit your local AT&T corporate store.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…