For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
js4433's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Monday, November 10th, 2014 3:30 PM

HTC ONE M8

I picked up this phone on Saturday, upgrading from my beloved 920, and I'm having an issue with it.  I can't get any notification lights to display on the top of the phone other than the charging led.  The phone is supposed to notify you if you have notifications via a LED light and I'm not getting it.  This phone does not support the glance screen which is a HUGE bummer for me as I loved it on my 920 and miss it.  It is supposed to have LED notifications and if you buy their "dot" cover it offers them through that as well.  Any help?

Scholar

• 

457 Messages

9 years ago

Call customer service, 18003310500, and ask to be transfer to technical support team. Your second option will be, find a Device Support Center, and you can have your phone swap out right on the spot, but make sure you find the location, and you talk to the customer service rep before doing so. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

I'm not seeing any setting anywhere on the device.  If fact, I know the demo model on in the store had lights on it but I haven't seen mine working at all.  So, you're thinking it's a hardware issue?  I hate to go through all the trouble of swapping it out and getting a new one all set up if it just an option that's not set up right, but I've been through this phone a handful of times and can't find anything.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

I can only speak of the android model.  The light can either do red or green thats it.  I would go back to the store you got it at and have them look at it before sending it back.  I can tell you the dot view case is nice the wife loves hers and I loved mine till I got the G3

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

This was an issue on mine.  Downloaded LED app from Market and it started working.  After latest update, worked by itself.  

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

9 years ago

I was considering getting the HTC One but wasn't aware the glance screen wasn't on it, must be a Nokia thing.  I really like the glance screen and that could be a deciding factor in staying with Nokia.  Definitely sticking with Windows Phone Smiley Happy  How about the three hard buttons at the bottom not being there on the HTC?  I understand they are built into the software instead.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

I do miss the glance screen that Nokia offered.  I do have the Dot view if you get the dot case that is close to the glance screen but you do have to tap your phone to see the notifications.  The three keys at the bottom are missed and took a little adjusting to, but once you get adjusted it's not big deal.  Your hide the keys when you aren't using them and swipe up from the bottom to access them.  I am missing glance less and less since I got a Microsoft Band a couple months ago.  No need to go look at the phone as all notifications come stright to your band.  I have become very impressed on just how for bluetooth range really is.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.