Troubleshoot your device issues
HitShane's profile

Teacher

• 

32 Messages

Tuesday, April 14th, 2015 7:46 PM

HTC One M8, 5.0.2 GPS turns itself on.

My phone's GPS turns itself on anytime I make a call, recieve a call, send a text, wake it from a long sleep, or change cell signals. This constantly wakes my phone and drains my battery. I have put the phone into safe mode and it still happens. I have location off, location history off, and maps disabled. It still happens. I wiped the cache after the OTA to 5.0.2 and through frustration did a factory reset. My GPS turns itself on! I have every ATT app disabled and it still turns itself on. Since I can't S-OFF my phone to Properly Root and lock the virus known as "IQ Agent Service" that is causing the problems, how can I fix my phone? This problem was in 4.4.4 and now with the new update to 5.0.2, AT&T has still included the "IQ Agent Service" bug and it is even more troublesome now. How can I fix this problem. I have scoured the entire internet over the last few nights for problably 10-15 hours and this is a known problem in the community and the only solution seams to be to install a custom ROM. How can I correct this problem? Should I just switch to T-Mobile or Verizon? 

Teacher

• 

32 Messages

9 years ago

How can I get S-OFF through AT&T to remove this bug?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

S-off is not an official ATT thing its a hack.

Teacher

• 

32 Messages

9 years ago

So, how do I turn off the AT&T program that is included with my phone's Android software? IQ Agent is not apart of the Android Operating System. It is causing battery drain and I am guessing, logging my location constantly. Is there a way to turn it off? As far as I am concerned my phone is now unusable as I can't rely on it to have a charge when I need it the most. I have a 4 month old and I see this as a safety concern. A replacement phone will not remedy the issue as it is an AT&T specific software problem. Beyond switching carriers, what are my options?  

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

have you done a factory reset since you installed lollipop?  Also have you wiped your cache?

And there are lots of things on the phone that are not part of android

Teacher

• 

32 Messages

9 years ago

" I wiped the cache after the OTA to 5.0.2 and through frustration did a factory reset." See OP

*Out of all of those things that are not apart of 5.0.2, only one of them is causing an issue. A known issue, that was not fixed with the current rollout.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

if its that big of a problem then you can goto htcdev.com and have the bootloader unlocked.  You will have to search to find more info since I cant post it on the forums.

Teacher

• 

32 Messages

9 years ago

So to have a quality $700 phone (I am paying for) from AT&T I have to install my own software that voids the warranty?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

depends on how you term voids.  HTC repaired my m8 without question and I was rooted soff running viper rom.  

Teacher

• 

32 Messages

9 years ago

Nothing is broken with the hardware, it is a software issue. My warranty is with AT&T, not HTC. The problem is AT&T's Software. I shouldn't have to install my own software to correct an AT&T issue. If I brick the phone trying to fix their problem, then I am out a phone that I am still paying on. So, my options are sue AT&T and break my contract, risk breaking my phone to install my own software, or deal with a phone that might not have a charge when I need it to. Before the update I was getting 2-3 days on a charge. I guess I'll take T-Mobile up on their offer and move all 4 lines I have from AT&T. Thank You for the Solution. 😉

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.