Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Troubleshoot your device issues
madisoncatoire1's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, May 12th, 2016 10:41 AM

How can you get all your contacts back from your accounts

I lost all my contacts when I lost all my preview cell phones with the same phone number

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @madisoncatoire1! 

Thank you for reaching out to AT&T Community Forums!

We definitely want to get you the assistance needed to help find those contacts! Have you backed up the contacts to some form of Cloud service or to AT&T Address Book? Do you still have the previous device with the contacts still loaded?

Seeing that we have a Windows device, the first location we can check for the contacts will be in the Windows OneDrive. You can get started with OneDrive and see if the contacts were uploaded there.

If you believe you might have set up an AT&T Address Book on a previous device, you can learn more about it at AT&T Address Book.

As a last resort if you still have the previous device on hand, we can do a transfer of contacts. A great tool you have access to allows you to enter the type of devices and provides you with a complete tutorial, Copy and Transfer Contacts.

Hope that helps! Thank you for being a part of the AT&T Family!

Tony A. AT&T Social Media Manager

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

I'd add to the ATT response, by qualifying it. 
If you have a OneDrive account (which you more or less do, if you have a hotmail, outlook.com, or other MS-provided email), then restore is simple.

Per the ATT response, make sure your contacts are in the account, by logging into it, it's an easy click from the MSN page, to Outlook, it's on the top.

After you confirm your account, simply "add" it to your Windows phone, under the "accounts" settings, and log in on the phone.  The phone OS will auto-populate your contacts from your account, via cloud, it's pretty handy that way.

Subsequently, you can manage your contacts via the website, or your phone, and they get "reflected" both ways, much like a gmail or other account.  It's a nifty ecosystem, once you get it running, I use it frequently for sharing OneDrive photos and such with contacts, etc.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.