What is happening with 3G?
C

• 

3 Messages

Fri, Oct 22, 2021 4:57 PM

How can I reach ATT over the phone? I cannot find a phone number listed on the website and we have a hot spot issue.

How can I reach ATT over the phone? I cannot find a phone number listed on the website and we have a hot spot issue.  Please anyone if you have a phone number for their technical support please let me know. 

Constructive

Employee

• 

24.3K Messages

1 m ago

800 288 2020

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

29.2K Messages

1 m ago

The general number is still 800-288-2020 for AT&T. Though they have a few different numbers for each service (including DirecTV still uses their legacy support number)

www.att.com > contact us > service (i.e. wireless) > scroll down to near bottom of page > call

Bill & account
611 from AT&T mobile phone
Monday - Friday, 7am - 9pm CT Saturday - Sunday, 8am - 9pm CT

(edited)

• 

3 Messages

1 m ago

Finally off the phone with ATT while simultaneously working with the user in the field with the nonfunctioning hot spot.  After providing device serial number they have in their system, IMEI # from SIM card, and a whole bunch of the field worker shutting down hot spot, trying to reset, the simple act of removing SIM card and putting back resolved issue, just as rep was telling me that we needed to replace SIM card,  all good though.  Appreciate very much receiving the phone number so thank you!

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

29.2K Messages

1 m ago

Glad you got the numbers needed. And very nice reseating the SIM card worked and didn't need replacing.

As a note, the IMEI is from the phone, not the SIM card. Those SIM cards have their own number.

• 

3 Messages

1 m ago

@Juniper We have no ATT phones; only hotspots for the field supervision to be able to login to laptop from job sites.  As our employee was in the field, I couldn't see what he did so perhaps the IMEI number was on the hot spot behind the battery?  Not sure, but in any case, not on a phone as we do not use ATT for phones, only hot spots. 

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

29.2K Messages

1 m ago

Yes the IME would be on the label behind the batters, just like phones. The phones have the added benefit of pulling it up on screen by a short code or going through the menu.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.