Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Oct 20, 2008 2:39 PM

Closed

HELP!! My emails / txts are deleting themselves..

This is the second time now that its happened this month.  I turn on my BB (Curve 8300) and suddenly all my emails/txts from before Oct-18 are gone.  I look at my call log - all my calls previous to Oct-18 gone.  What the heck is going on?? 

This is the second time something like this has happened in the last month   Smiley Mad

Responses

Accepted Solution

photo526

Mentor

• 

29 Messages

12 years ago

Sounds like your device is running low on memory

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

doh - just went to Status and saw File Free: 0 bytes.  Deleted a bunch of pics, and will delete some apps I don't need as well.  Might as well invest in an SD card as well.

Still the BB OS should have warned me about the impending memory issue with some sort of warning, so that I could have taken preventive action - instead of just waking up one morning to find all my messages deleted.

thanks again..
otsego6

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

12 years ago

All you have to do is pull the battery for about 30 seconds and then put it back in. It isnt a defect. Just like a computer loses memory the longer it is on, a blackberry acts the same way. You would have had to have had your bb on without pulling the battery for quite some time to start losing your texts and call logs.

Give that a shot every few weeks and I'm sure you wont have a problem. I do a battery pull about once a week, and never have any issues with my curve.
wilcre

Expert

• 

13K Messages

12 years ago

@otsego6 wrote:
     All you have to do is pull the battery for about 30 seconds and then put it back in. It isnt a defect. Just like a computer loses memory the longer it is on, a blackberry acts the same way. You would have had to have had your bb on without pulling the battery for quite some time to start losing your texts and call logs.
     Give that a shot every few weeks and I'm sure you wont have a problem. I do a battery pull about once a week, and never have any issues with my curve.

Actually the blackberry will not allow anything to possibly corrupt the operation of the device, once it reaches its memory threshold it will delete whatever it has to to make sure the operation of the device continues., so if this means deleting the call log/calander/inbox/outbox/pictures and such, that is what it will do.
otsego6

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

12 years ago

Chrisy,

While your option does help, that still will not stop the blackberry from eventually deleting call logs, messages, etc. Any blackberry needs to be restarted on a somewhat regular basis.

Even deleting programs on the device will not stop the overall memory usage to stop. You can delete every program that you have on your berry, and you will still eventually lose your call logs etc. There is no way around it other than doing a battery pull to reset everything and free up any used memory.

Dont believe me? Delete every program on your device, and battery pull. Note your file free. Then check again in a few days to a week. Do you think your file free is going to be the same? It wont be. And eventually you will be losing your call logs, etc and you wont have a single program on your device.

So your theory, while helpful, is still flawed.

Message Edited by otsego6 on 10-22-2008 05:01:09 PM

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Ok I am still having this problem... mine deleted twice this week!! I have a memory card in mine and it does not seem to help! Smiley Sad

Message Edited by Jenrenea on 10-30-2008 11:38:49 AM
otsego6

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

12 years ago

A memory card in you device has nothing to do with it deleting call logs and messages. They are only for storing media on. You will have to go into your options and check your file free every now and then and see what it says. If it gets below 10MB plan on your call logs and such being started to be deleted.

Get started...

Ask a new question