Troubleshoot your device issues
rogeremeadows's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, May 7, 2019 1:23 PM

Garmin Inreach SMS to AT&T

I used a Garmin Inreach device which utilizes SMS.   Recently it appears that there has been an interruption of service once Garmin hands over to ATT.  It has something to do with the text message containing location information.  Many of us use this device for personal safety and now we no longer are able to contact our emergency contacts utilizing this service.  Most if all of the failures seems to be people who are utilizing ATT.   I am seeking to understand what the issue is with the messages we are sending. 

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.4K Messages

3 y ago

@rogeremeadows 

I am assuming ATT is flagging the location data.  Garmin is going to have to work something out with ATT.  The days of a free ride are over for these companies and I look for all the other carriers to follow Verizons lead and start charging for sending texts like this.  Stupid but its coming.

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

That is definitively dominant position abuse , and ATT will have shortly a discussion with the FTC, i am filing a complaint , att has a position tracking business https://www.business.att.com/products/vehicle-location-tracking.html

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.