For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
semlohde's profile

Scholar

• 

122 Messages

Monday, November 17th, 2008 1:28 AM

Closed

FUZE - What is a hard reset and what does it do?

I've had my Fuze 4 days and have spent at least 8 hours a day on forums finding things to enhance it or at least try to. I'm leaning toward returning it and getting the Bold. My deal breaker is the ear speaker - way too low and while there are adjustments for the rear speaker I haven't found anything for the front. So I'm wondering what the hard reset does - and I'm hoping that will clean off all changes and loaded programs - poof, back to out of the box. Appreciate input on cleaning off this Fuze in one operation.  OR something for the front speaker to increase the volume, above the side lever.  Thanks, ed

Accepted Solution

Master

• 

3.4K Messages

15 years ago

Start>settings>system>clear storage>1234>ok.

Scholar

• 

238 Messages

15 years ago

A hard reset is like when you reformat your PC.  You are wiping the memory clean and putting on a fresh install of the OS.  Basically you're going back to the way it was the first time you took it out of the box!!

Master

• 

3.4K Messages

15 years ago

Hard Reset just returns the device to the state from when you first got it. I personally would advise you to go the custom ROM way by getting hardspl on it and then installing a custom ROM.

Scholar

• 

122 Messages

15 years ago

Thanks for the good answers and yep, I've thought of a cooked ROM also. Still looking and trying to decide - reading about the Bold, it's got it's share of problems also. And battery life seems to be a topic over there also. iPhone and it's non-replacable battery ends that discussion. With the Fuze in Edge there seems to be a much better battery life.  Looking out here, there is some cooking going on. I put one on the older BJ1 and it's been great. Should I want to do the hard reset still - how do I do that?  ed

Mentor

• 

20 Messages

15 years ago

I think my Fuze's earpiece is actually too loud...Its on its lowest setting and I can still hear my girl talk a couple inches away...If I'm at the mall though, I definitely have to turn it up.  But thats about it 🙂

Scholar

• 

122 Messages

15 years ago

Wish I had that problem. If I take it from full it's hard to hear in my living room. Back speaker is great, earphones louder and clear as can be. I cup the ear piece to hear, press to my ear, swap ears - well, move the phone to the other! Just a weak speaker I guess.

Thanks kareem9nba for the reset info. do I or don't I !?!??!
ed

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

15 years ago

Curious.... going through clear storage; does that wipe out all installed apps, contacts, etc.?

Master

• 

3.4K Messages

15 years ago

It wipes out everything on the device. If the contacts are on the SIM, then they're safe.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

15 years ago

If you do the hard reset, does it erase the touchflow3D program too?

Master

• 

3.4K Messages

15 years ago

No, that's not a part of the customizations, it's in the ROM.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.