For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
megatec45's profile

Scholar

• 

101 Messages

Friday, November 28th, 2008 5:22 AM

Closed

FM Radio on Fuze?

Does the Fuze have a real FM radio like the Touch Pro or has it been totally removed like the second video camera?
I'm not talking about XM radio that you have to pay for.
If it does how do you access it?
I'm looking for a replacement for my Tilt

Message Edited by megatec45 on 11-27-2008 09:26:31 PM

Accepted Solution

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

15 years ago

Yes it does and it works great. You just need the cab file. I put a link that talks about it and you can get the cab file to install. But the radio only works when you plug in headphones because it uses the wire for reception.

http://www.fuzemobility.com/?p=476

Scholar

• 

209 Messages

15 years ago

Have most people been getting decent reception on major stations?  Just curious.

Expert

• 

2.4K Messages

15 years ago

@rvt1000 wrote:
Have most people been getting decent reception on major stations?  Just curious.

Yes and no...depends on where I am.  The radio function is somewhat clunky.  Fortunately, I have radio streaming over the internet.

Scholar

• 

101 Messages

15 years ago

LC751 wrote:
Yes it does and it works great. You just need the cab file. I put a link that talks about it and you can get the cab file to install. But the radio only works when you plug in headphones because it uses the wire for reception.

http://www.fuzemobility.com/?p=476

Thanks for the info!With some customizations, it sounds as if the Fuze is a good phone.
 It really angers me off that  ATT removes many features that people really want, and they force a bunch of junkware that you have to pay extra for or may never use at the expense of using up device memory.
It's a good thing to have places like XDA developers and their chefs cooking up ROMS  to make our phones work the way they were meant to be.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

15 years ago

Am I missing something or just lost? lol  I don't even have a headphone jack on my fuze? How are you connecting headphones? I would like to install the FM Radio Cab but this is making me wonder.

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

15 years ago

@Learningfuze wrote:
Am I missing something or just lost? lol  I don't even have a headphone jack on my fuze? How are you connecting headphones? I would like to install the FM Radio Cab but this is making me wonder.

You are lost.... Every Fuze has a headphone jack.  Like all other HTC phones, it is a proprietary connection.  The Headphone jack and the charge port are one and the same.  You either need an adaptor to plug in standard 3.5mm headphones or utilize headphones with the HTC connection on them.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

15 years ago

OH ok.... I was a bit confused on them being the same. Sorry this is all a bit new to me. So all I need is an addaptor which comes with the phone correct? I'll try this. Thank you for the info!

Scholar

• 

258 Messages

15 years ago

@Learningfuze wrote:
So all I need is an addaptor which comes with the phone correct?

Yes, the headphone adapter comes with the phone.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.