For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
P

• 

1 Message

Sunday, October 10th, 2021 8:51 PM

Duped AT&T with HTC ONE X 2. 1ST HTC GAVE ME FREE & SHUT DOWN.

In 2003 I had a phone that 2013 I dropped in the phone the I don't know what was wrong with it I'll drop it in water I think but I called again AT&T because I was a different world I don't know what it was I don't know why I can't remember but I called AT&T to get my phone replaced it was and they said oh well got a deal for you I have HTC One that you can have free I was so excited I hadn't had a nice phone they sent it to me and it worked fine and coming to find out it only had a 3 month warranty. One week before the 3 months. I took it to the AT&T store and they could not get it to come back up turn on nothing. So I took it home I got great no wonder it was free. I tried to get it to come on the day before the warranty was expired and all behold it came on then it shut down on the day the one she expired. I called AT&T that day and they said they would send me a box to send it back to them to service it and that would send me another phone just like it to replace it. I sent the phone in and I get it back they sent the phone to me at the same time I set the phone back to them. Next thing I know, they sent my phone back stated that it had a scratch on the screen and that they would not fix it but the phone need to fix internally not the screen. Couldn't even notice to see the scratch so that null avoided on that phone they said AT&T doesn't work on the HTC phones that I need to call contact HTC. How is that not ridiculous what goods a warranty?

And here's a scam part. They said they had to charge me $500 for the phone I mailed me to replace the phone that they wouldn't fix and I had to pay $500 for that free phone.

Guess what. It did a very exact same thing three months later on the new phone they sent me. So I have two new I guess probably refurbished by AT&T phones had both of them three months and they both just quit working and AT&T did nothing but take my $500 for the free phone they offered me and sent me a free phone twice that charged me $500

Former Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

3 years ago

None of that made any sense. There is no punctuation and and your words do not mesh.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

3 years ago

AT&T also doesn’t work on phones they sell them not repair them. Warranty is covered by the manufacturer when they are that old 

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I think you may have had a stroke while typing. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

3 years ago

I smell spam frying.  AT&T doesn't have an HTC phone lying around. 

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.