Device Performance - Fountain of Youth Tips For Your Phone!
Like your car, your smart devices need a routine tune-up. Below you will find tips on how you can improve performance on your device and keep it secure.
The Basics – Updates, Storage & Battery Performance
Updates are important. Not only can they improve device performance, but can fix possible issues as well. Check to see if your device has the latest firmware update.
Don't see an update? It may not be available yet.
If your device’s storage is full, or close to full, it could impact performance and the ability to store more information.
- Remove old pictures & videos – consider storing them on the cloud.
- Clear cache & cookie (iOS and Android Devices)
- Remove unneeded apps (iOS and Android Devices)
Any running programs or features will use up battery life, so only use what you need
- Close browser windows that aren’t being used
- Close apps you are not using
- Remove apps with ad advertisement – Ads can be set to constantly refresh
- Enable screen timeout ( 1 minute or lower is recommended)
- Activate auto-brightness settings or turn down overall brightness
- Improve your battery performance (iOS and Android devices)
Improve Performance of Your Device
- Like your car, your smart device needs a tune-up often
- Troubleshooting and fix your apps
- Improve browser performance
Protect Your Device
- AT&T Mobile Security & Call Protect – Learn to how to protect your device and calls.
- Device Protection – Protect your device and enroll in AT&T Device Protection.
- Spam Ads & Popups – Learn how to minimize spam ads and popups.
ChrisZ, AT&T Community Specialist
Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.