Device Performance - Fountain of Youth Tips For Your Phone!
Like your car, your smart devices need a routine tune-up. Below you will find tips on how you can improve performance on your device and keep it secure.
The Basics – Updates, Storage & Battery Performance
Updates are important. Not only can they improve device performance, but can fix possible issues as well.
Storage – If your device’s storage is full, or close to full, it could impact performance and the ability to store more information.
- Remove old pictures & videos – consider storing them on the cloud.
- Clear cache & cookie (iOS and Android Devices)
- Remove unneeded apps (iOS and Android Devices)
Battery Performance – Any running programs or features will use battery, so only use what you need
- Close browser windows that aren’t being used
- Close apps you are not using
- Remove apps with ad advertisement – Ads can be set to constantly refresh
- Enable screen timeout ( 1 minute or lower is recommended)
- Activate auto-brightness settings or turn down overall brightness
- Improve your battery performance (iOS and Android devices)
Improve Performance of Your Device
Device Tune-up – Learn what you can do to improve your device’s performance!
App Troubleshooting – Learn what you can do to troubleshooting non-working apps.
Protect Your Device
AT&T Mobile Security & Call Protect – Learn to how to protect your device and calls.
Device Protection – Protect your device and enroll in AT&T Device Protection.
Spam Ads & Popups – Learn how to minimize spam ads and popups.
ChrisZ, AT&T Community Specialist
Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.