Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!

Tutor

 • 

7 Messages

Sat, Oct 16, 2010 6:24 AM

Changing Blackberry to iPhone data plan

I currently have blackberry unlimited data access, and my blackberry broke. i am wondering if i can get a iPhone off ebay and can i change my data plan to iPhones unlimited plan so i can use the data on the iphone.

Responses

Accepted Solution

erichamion

Guru

 • 

637 Messages

10 years ago

That's the reason for contacting Care when you make the switch.  If the system detected you were no longer using a Blackberry, it could remove the unlimited plan.  Then, when it saw you're using a smartphone, it would add one of the current limited plans.  If you talk to Care when making the switch instead of letting it happen automatically, you can keep the unlimited.

wingrider01

Expert

 • 

12.2K Messages

10 years ago


@SniperJim57 wrote:

I currently have blackberry unlimited data access, and my blackberry broke. i am wondering if i can get a iPhone off ebay and can i change my data plan to iPhones unlimited plan so i can use the data on the iphone.


It will convert, but save yourself possible headaches and frustration by calling or visiting a company brink and mortar store to do the transfer over

Tutor

 • 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Don't kid yourself, ATT has no interest in letting you convert a Blackberry Unlimited to an IPhone Unlimited. Who would that benefit? Only you the consumer, not ATT. ATT is in the business of cutting their costs and increasing their profits. Their networks are getting crushed by the flood of phones using data.  

 

 

{Please keep it courteous}

 

Virtual

Guru

 • 

1K Messages

10 years ago


@ChrisMtn wrote:

Don't kid yourself, ATT has no interest in letting you convert a Blackberry Unlimited to an IPhone Unlimited. Who would that benefit? Only you the consumer, not ATT. ATT is in the business of cutting their costs and increasing their profits. Their networks are getting crushed by the flood of phones using data.  

 

{Please keep it courteous}


Yadda yadda yadda. Just because you wasn't able to keep it doesn't mean the others cant.

 

SniperJim57, wingrider01 is correct, to avoid problems call to Customer Service and have them change your Blackberry Umlimited Data Plan to the iPhone one.

Tutor

 • 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Alright thanks guys for helping me, i shall buy an iphone 😄 stupid blackberry broke after 6 months -.-"

Tutor

 • 

7 Messages

10 years ago

WAIT GUYS, im still on my 2-year contract with att though, will that make a difference?

erichamion

Guru

 • 

637 Messages

10 years ago

 


@SniperJim57 wrote:

WAIT GUYS, im still on my 2-year contract with att though, will that make a difference?


It won't make a difference for the data plan, but it will affect the price you pay for the equipment.  If you bought the Blackberry with a new contract 6 months ago, you won't get the full discount for the iPhone.  You may be eligible fr an early iPhone upgrade.  You can check eligibility by dialing *NEW# on your wireless, or you can check both eligibility and prices through your MyWireless account.

 

Edited to add:  I'd like to put out another caution.  If your Blackberry isn't working, don't put your sim card into a non-smartphone to use temporarily, as you may lose your data plan.  Don't use a non-Blackberry smartphone temporarily without contacting Customer Care.

Tutor

 • 

7 Messages

10 years ago

 


@erichamion wrote:

 


It won't make a difference for the data plan, but it will affect the price you pay for the equipment.  If you bought the Blackberry with a new contract 6 months ago, you won't get the full discount for the iPhone.  You may be eligible fr an early iPhone upgrade.  You can check eligibility by dialing *NEW# on your wireless, or you can check both eligibility and prices through your MyWireless account.

 

Edited to add:  I'd like to put out another caution.  If your Blackberry isn't working, don't put your sim card into a non-smartphone to use temporarily, as you may lose your data plan.  Don't use a non-Blackberry smartphone temporarily without contacting Customer Care.


Well, i'm not going to buy an iPhone from at&t, i'll buy it from my friend. Also when i bought my blackberry from at&t i had to purchase the data plan. Will both of those make a difference?

 

erichamion

Guru

 • 

637 Messages

10 years ago

Ah.  Sorry, I missed the little bit earlier that said you were getting it from a third party source.  I see that now.  No, it won't matter.

Tutor

 • 

7 Messages

10 years ago

 


@erichamion wrote:

Ah.  Sorry, I missed the little bit earlier that said you were getting it from a third party source.  I see that now.  No, it won't matter.


It's ok, and one more thing, will they change it to a 200Mb or 2Gb plan or will i get to keep my Unlimited Plan? I really want to keep it