Troubleshoot your device issues
epste696's profile

• 

1 Message

Monday, April 11th, 2022 1:37 PM

Cell Booster Drops Calls

For years my Micro Cell worked perfectly.  I received a Cell Booster and was able to activate successfully.  My problem is that the Cell Booster "blips" (ie, the lights go off) about every 15 minutes and then immediately reconnect.  However, when that happens it drops my call.  It's impossible to run my business this way.  I've tried all the tips, but my calls still get dropped every 15 minutes or so.  Just happened in the time it took me to type this post.

Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

2 years ago

Moving to the wireless forum.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

2 years ago

If there is no problem with the power supply to the device, I would assume the device itself is faulty. Check all your connections make sure it's plugged in firmly, try a different Outlet.

If it continues to shut off every few minutes then it's defective. 

You'll have to contact AT&T to make a warranty exchange. Cross fingers they will actually do so

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

2 years ago

@epste696  If the Cell Booster "blips" (loses power) then check the outlet it's connected to or check the ac adapter with a voltmeter. It should read well above 12VDC with no load. Do you have power blips with any other devices. AT&T will have you do the basic power checks, which is what I just mentioned (outlet, adapter), possibly power cycle the Cell Booster, etc. It is under warranty so if it does need replaced that shouldn't be an issue (shouldn't being the operative word). They normally can't be repaired so AT&T should send you a new one.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.