Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sat, Sep 7, 2019 7:20 AM

Can’t unlock my phone

I had my phone for over two years I. Finished paying it two months ago now I’m trying to get it unlocked and it wount let me I’m getting an error message saying “Looks like you upgraded your device recently so we can't unlock it right now. Submit a new request after the 14-day waiting period ends.” 

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.4K Messages

a year ago

And is this 2 year old phone on your line, the other line, or no line?  

When you request unlock, if you chose customer, and enter your phone number, the computer gets confused.

Try as a non customer.  If you get a goofy denial, call and ask for tech support.  

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.4K Messages

a year ago

Did you buy a new phone on your line?

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

a year ago

Yes I added a new line and bought a new phone 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

a year ago

Got problem solved I call att customer service and explain them all of the situation and they double check the situation and they escalate the problem and create a case and after few days I just inserted a sim from another carrier and bam the phone was unlocked thank you everyone for the help 

Get started...

Ask a new question