Troubleshoot your device issues
Slm456's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, November 5th, 2018 7:13 AM

Closed

Can you use a jitterbug phone on an AT&T plan?

My mother prefers the jitterbug phone. Can she use hers on an AT&T plan? If not, what phones are easy for seniors to use?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

4 years ago

@Robtee wrote:

I understand how you feel. I had a problem with my android phone that I bought from the AT&T store. The young lady who was the only rep there at the time told me "she don't fool with android phones. But of course she offered to sell me another phone. Seriously, they can do better. The representative should be trained on all types of equipment that they sell. Horrible service

1.  And this relates to phones for elderly how?

2.  Sales people do not fix phones, of any kind.  In fact they cannot touch an iPhone at all.  If you need tech-support you have to call 611 and ask for tech-support.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

At our local Verizon store (actually mybullfrog) they also are just salespeople, but they will still at least try to connect with tech support through their internal network to see what can be done.  I tried to get a Jitterbug phone to work there and had the same experience.

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I'm a senior and for many years I've had as much as I can take from the sloppy and careless business ethics of ATT and the like.  And it keeps getting worse.  This is the general feeling I get from own experience as well as those I talk to.  It seems as though it does not phase them one bit.  Cutting corners in favor of profit.  Monkey see, monkey do.  Breakup up of ATT was suppose to lead to more competition and lower prices but competition is just a tweak here and there from company to company, no real noticeable difference just different company name, and prices have sky rocketed.  They really don't want to be in the service business.  It's an operational expense and cuts into profits.  How is it that anyone can justify a $500+ for a telephone and get such poor service over and over again, repetitiously.  If it is NOT expensive, complicated, main stream equipment, ATT is not interested.  Sales folks are only interested in making a sale, else sales personnel feel your wasting their time if you ask a technical question, technical support is not the best either.  Like if you have a Samsung phone, you got tossed between Samsung and ATT, each pointing the finger at the other.  No Att tech support person knew what firmware was or how to update.  And the robotic menu system is so demoralizing.  ATT is trying to go completely robotic and use artificial intelligence...which to me is an insult to the human race.  If ATT wants to robotize their services, then let them cater to robots.  Today's sales and tech persons and robots don't have any idea what it was like to be a customer of ATT long before ATT breakup of the Bell companies.  If ATT is not careful, they could find themselves breaking up again.  Especially with the expensive purchase of Warner and the layoff of thousands of employees.  ATT should also establish businesses in other countries and have personnel from those countries service their own people.  It's a shame to be serviced by personnel that don't understand our culture, don't pay our taxes, and pay our high fees and are not loyal to our country.  I'm upset to see so many people at this web sight expressing their frustration.  I sympathize with you and wish there was something we could do to make a BIG difference. 

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same trouble as guy had above . My dad had finally get jitterbug after he could not get used to ATT smartphone we bought jitter paid to use great all, now ATT will do nothing but give us the run around to try to get my dads number ported , told us we needed I’d and pin go ATT store we did everything was good I even repeated numbers when I called today as we are going out of town, it’s suppose to be on by We’d at latest maybe Monday so I told dad we better call before we go be sure, Sure enough ATT says not getting ported wrong I’d number no PIN number we had just given it 5o them on Friday repeated to make sure , but no good ran use around on phone for 2 hours I was trying to do this for dad he loves he cab see the numbers and push them without pushing others dexterity becomes a problem as we get older I can’t wait til every at personnel becomes old has this problem, my dad so upset they messed up porting his home line he had 40 years, this is last number all his friends have , what a shame, SHAME SHAME SHAME AT&T your taking advantage of elderly, first thing they asked are you changing companies yes we have too as we are both on ATT prepaid, we have been loyal customers just paid off 1800 worth phones. And we have been with them since they where Cingular how mighty they have fallen

junk now I am going to change too, just how they treated us kept cutting us off 

nightmare 

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same sort of problems as those described.

One has to wonder what is wrong with the ATT?

Must be they don't care about their customers or just don't care.

Way to go ATT!

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

3 years ago

@Maryvanessa_

AT&T has nothing to do with the port process when you are leaving for a new carrier. It is entirely on you to provide the appropriate information to your new cellular provider. You were supposed to provide great call with you account number and the security pin for your account in order for them to Port your dad's number to Great call. 

This was on you and great call, not at&t

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

3 years ago

Geesh, can't stay on topic?   The question was answered and the answer is in the solution post. Jitterbug phones are proprietary to Great call and they do not work on AT&T.    Great call runs on Verizon's network.  If AT&T service is no longer providing you decent coverage, then it's time for you to switch carriers. But that has absolutely nothing to do with the original question. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.