Can someone help me with this issue caused by SIM security function of WP?
Hello WP users,
If you have a Lumia 920 phone, can someone help me with this issue caused by WP's SIM security function? Please do the following steps to replicate the issue that I am having:
1. Turn off data
2. Turn off WiFi
3. Ask someone to call you and leave you a voice mail.
4. You should see a "1" and a "cassette" symbol shown on the "Phone" tile indicating that you missed 1 call and you have 1 voicemail. Also, across the top of the phone, you should see a blue bar that says "You have voice mail."
5. Go to "settings" -> "applications" -> "phone"
6. Go all the way down to SIM security and turn on SIM security by tapping it. It will ask you for a SIM PIN, the default AT&T SIM PIN is 1111. Type 1111.
7. Wait for about 10 minutes or so and all of a sudden your phone will reboot itself.
8. After the phone is rebooted, ask someone to call you and leave you a message.
9. Then you will see a "1" on the "Phone tile" but the "casette" symbol does not appear anymore. Even if you disable SIM security, the "casette" symbol will not appear on the "Phone" tile anymore.
Is there a bug between SIM security function of WP and ATT voice mail system? Is there a way to restore my phone to the state before the "SIM security" function messes it up?
Thanks for your help.