Military Appreciation: Exclusive savings for military, veterans, and their families!
Troubleshoot your device issues
Lshapiro's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Apr 26, 2016 6:00 AM

Closed

Can I use a Jitterbug phone on AT&T

My mom is getting older and is hard of hearing and the only phone I know of to help this is the Jitterbug can I get a jitterbug to work on AT&T network thank you Larry

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

6年前

Hi @Lshapiro !

Thank you for posting your question. To make it easy to verify a phones compatibility on the AT&T network, we recommend you visit our bring your own phone site at https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/byop.html

You can either enter the phone’s make and model or IMEI which can be found by dialing *#06# on the phone.

If it is not compatible, you can find other phones offered by AT&T that will work for her needs by clicking here

If this helps please mark this post as solved.

Thank you.
-JP, AT&T Social Media Manager

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6年前

What areas do you service?  This jitterbug will be used in a rest home.  Since you do not have phones for the elderly, can we switch to the jitterbug?

ACE - Sage

• 

96.4K Messages

6年前

The Jitterbug is locked to Great call and can't be unlocked.

The closest to a big button phone the ATT has is either the Spare one emergency phone or the flip phone.   

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/phones-for-seniors.html

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5年前

I just left the local AT&T store with a jitterbug phone i bought online from greatcall and was told I could not  use it on my existing  at&T account because it is  not at&T specific. 

Then I went online just now and looked up att only flip  phone for the elderly AND up came the jitterbug. 

Now I'm really confused...? Do they sell a jitterbug specific to att as long as i buy it from them and nobody else????

ACE - Sage

• 

96.4K Messages

5年前

@angief777

Jitterbug can’t work on ATT.  

The Jethro will.  https://www.jethroshop.com

• 

1 Message

5分前

Neither ATT nor Apple do anything to cater to seniors, as far as I can tell. It seems tone deaf to me. Or they simply don't want to waste their profits on people with low incomes. 

ACE - Sage

• 

96.4K Messages

5分前

@jra6904

Great Call runs on Verizon, consumer Cellular runs on at&t and T-Mobile.   These carriers serve the niche of elder who want easy phones with simple service.

The big 3 carry what sells.  The service is not geared for one or 2 people who just want a phone for convenience.

Phone manufacturers build what sells.  

For every problem, there is a solution.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

30.1K Messages

5分前

@jra6904 

If you want a phone and service catered to low income and/or seniors, then choose a provider that best matches what you are looking for. The major cell phone carriers are built to offer a service that sells, which is not catering to a smaller subsect that may not be worth it for them.

As this thread is almost 6 years old (2016) it will be CLOSED.

If you have further questions, please find a recent relevant discussion or if none to create your own.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.