Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Troubleshoot your device issues
Parker1080's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sat, Aug 20, 2016 9:18 AM

Closed

Buying an Unlocked LG G4 will it work with an AT&T plan?

I'm planning on purchacing an unlocked LG G4 from B&H and I was wondering... 

1. If I buy an unlocked GSM phone will it work when adding it to my existing plan? (Quote from product description "This device is Carrier-unlocked and can be used on GSM and CDMA networks. It will work on any GSM carrier that utilizes cellular frequencies or bands that this device supports. It is also compatible with select CDMA carriers."). 

2. If it does indeed work how would I go about setting the phone up to my plan?

Link if needed: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=1220710&gclid=CjwKEAjwltC9BRDRvMfD2N66nlISJACq8591S0Y1kNDRwUI5-0H8fnY4rlLi8qzVpdc6mKlshIyOCRoC8DDw_wcB&Q=&ap=y&m=Y&c3api=1876%2C92051678882%2C&is=REG&A=details

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

kdfederer

ACE - Expert

• 

12.7K Messages

6 y مضت

Yes, it will work but you will not get any OS updates as it has to be on the original providers network to get OS updates.

As long as it has the proper LTE frequencies, it will work fine on LTE. If it doesn't have the LTE frequencies, it will work with 3G.

The hotspot feature will not work unless it was an AT&T phone originally before it was unlocked.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.